1352Re: Enhancement Request: Identifier length restriction

  • abyssoft@ymail.com
    Jul 2, 2010
      Just noticed that the highlighted is partially supported at least at the
      global level. But does not catch nested vars.
      So having the Identifier length limits would be good to hunt for those
      left in code by peers.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:

      > Reasoning
      >
      > Identifiers of only 1 or 2 Characters can lead to errors in thought
      and poor readability of code. I have a preference for identifiers that
      consist of 3 or more characters and they are rarely that short.

      > An alternate enhancement is for support of single and double letter
      identifiers when listed in /*global*/.