      From: Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>
      To: jslint_com@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, May 11, 2010 6:26:12 AM
      Subject: [jslint] Re: Some parser problems

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogro ups.com, "avegaart" <avegaart@.. .> wrote:

      > I just ran the ExtJS javascript library through JSLint again and I am pleasantly surprised by the progress that JSLint has made in the past few months.
      > The parser is able to scan almost all of the code and there are only 2 constructs that stop JSLint from parsing the entire library.

      1. Fix your code, then it won't stop.
      2. Fix your code, then it won't stop.
      3. b was used before it was declared. This can confuse a reader, who will likely read b as being a global variable.
      4. self and window are commonly abused. You have to declare those yourself. escape and unescape have been deprecated. Do not use them.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic