1128Re: [jslint] no comments before html root element?

  • Mark Volkmann
    Feb 10, 2010
      See correction below.

      On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Mark Volkmann
      <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC
      > <austin.cheney@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Any tag that is delimited as <?xml is an XML processing declaration. Several such declarations may occur in an XML document and preceed schema validation.
      >
      > Maybe I can learn something new here. Can you point me to a
      > description of the term "XML processing declaration"? It is my
      > understanding that there are "XML declarations" and "processing
      > instructions" and that an "XML declaration" is not considered to be a
      > kind of "processing instruction" even though they have the same
      > syntax. There are two reasons why I think this distinction is
      > important. First, when the DOM Document getProcessingInstructions
      > method is called, it will not return the XML declaration.

      There is no such thing as a getProcessingInstructions method in DOM
      Document. I should have said getChildNodes.

      --
      R. Mark Volkmann
      Object Computing, Inc.