1028Re: saw 'undefined' (a reserved word)

  • samckayak
    Dec 17, 2009
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "donavon.west" <donavonwest@...> wrote:

      > But the fact remains that undefined is NOT a reserved word yet JSLint erroneously reporting that it is. What I'm doing in the example given (which you call sloppy code) works perfectly fine, is becoming a common practice and JSLint should allow it.

      Sounds like you use JSLint as a syntax checker. Equally important is JSLint's ability to define a safe, reliable, readable subset of JavaScript. Excluding variable names like "undefined" fits into this category of unsafe practices, like excluding "exec()".
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic