Hibernate, Spring and Proxool..

  • Jon Austin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      I have an app in Tomcat, which is running just fine using the combination of
      Spring, Hibernate, and Prxool.

      However I have now deployed it under JRUN4, Updater 4, and I have the
      following problem.

      I have up to and including Hibernate working fine.

      When configured to use internal pooling, Hibernate and Spring work just fine
      together, but Hibernates internal pool is very limited.

      Once Proxool gets in the mix however, things get shaken up.

      I am getting "The URL is not defined properly" when Proxool attempts to
      connect to Oracle. However the exact same URL works just fine in both
      Hibernate in JRUN, and Proxool in Tomcat.

      So the reality is, the URL is just fine..

      Anyone have any experience merging these four beasts, and know of any
      pitfalls I may have stumbled into?

      TIA,

      ~ Jon

    • Jon Austin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        I'm going to back up a little on this one.. it's not my implimentation,
        it's something odd happening behind the scenes..

        I downloaded the proxool source, and got to debugging it, and it turns out,
        that a param on Proxool's connect method (type Properties) which is supposed
        to be null, actually had "embedded=true" set in it.. Presumably by JRUN.

        Given that the same code, is behaving fine in Tomcat, I can only assume that
        JRUN is adding this, to the properties object in the method call..

        Any idea's on how to stop it? or why it see's fit to tinker with my method
        call params?

        ~ Jon