digest version and other stuff...

  • Monker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 1998
      What do I need to do to switch to the digest version of this list?

      Favorite Jon song: Hmm, probably either "Distant Shores" or "Little
      River". It just seems to me that those are two incredibly well written
      songs, lyricaly, musicaly, every way...Actually, the entire "Back to the
      Innocence" album is like that, IMO. Don't know if I'd want to choose a
      favotite song Jonathan wrote with Journey...if I HAD to, I'd probably
      choose Faithfuly, since I know it's all his writing.

      Jonathan in the Babys: I have a video of the Babys with Jonathan doing
      a concert in Canada in 1980 or so...Jonathan does a really cool synth
      solo and a sings a song called "Stick to Your Guns" (or something close
      to that). If anybody knows if/where that song exists on CD, I'd REALLY
      appreciate the info!

      Steve Perry's hip : If we start down that path this will turn into a
      Perry list REAL quick! There is a Steve Perry Email list and a Journey
      list...I believe you can find info on how to join either of these (or
      both!) on Jasparina's Journey Fan site.
    • JonCainFan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 1999
        In a message dated 1/19/99 7:43:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        jrny@... writes:

        << What do I need to do to switch to the digest version of this list?>>

        Hi, welcome to the list. To switch to digest, go to www.onelist.com, click on
        User Center. You can switch over once you pull up the list. Any other
        questions or problems, please let me know.

        <<Favorite Jon song: Hmm, probably either "Distant Shores" or "Little
        River". It just seems to me that those are two incredibly well written
        songs, lyricaly, musicaly, every way...Actually, the entire "Back to the
        Innocence" album is like that, IMO. Don't know if I'd want to choose a
        favotite song Jonathan wrote with Journey...if I HAD to, I'd probably
        choose Faithfuly, since I know it's all his writing.>>

        I agree here. Back To The Innocence is so well written and sung. Jon really
        could handle the singing parts of Journey. Wouldn't sound the same, but it
        would sound great. Not many artists would record a CD like Back To The
        Innocence. He wrote that from his heart, and I just love that!! Like I said
        before, Journey did not get popular until Jonathan joined the band. The
        record sales prove that!!

        <<Jonathan in the Babys: I have a video of the Babys with Jonathan doing
        a concert in Canada in 1980 or so...Jonathan does a really cool synth
        solo and a sings a song called "Stick to Your Guns" (or something close
        to that). If anybody knows if/where that song exists on CD, I'd REALLY
        appreciate the info!>>

        Rhonda, do you know where this song can be found? WOW!! You have an actual
        video of the Baby's. Do I hear a trade here? Sorry!! If possible, I would
        love to get a copy. Stick To Your Guns sounds like a song someone else
        recorded. Slaughter? I don't know. Anyone have any clues on this one?

        <<Steve Perry's hip : If we start down that path this will turn into a
        Perry list REAL quick! There is a Steve Perry Email list and a Journey
        list...I believe you can find info on how to join either of these (or
        both!) on Jasparina's Journey Fan site.>>

        The person who posted this is very new to computers. The posts were meant to
        go to the Journey list. If anyone has problems with posting, please let me
        know. All you have to do is write to jonathancain@onelist.com and your post
        will automatically come up. Do a test post if you want.

        That is one thing I don't want this list to turn into is Steve Perry. I will
        take this list down so quickly. I set the list up for Jonathan and some
        Journey talking. Perry is not apart of the band anymore and probably will
        never be. He is a sore subject with me. With the injury and not correcting
        it in time for the band to move on without him. Now he has had the surgery.
        I just want to scream!! I'm glad Augeri is here. I love him. He is better
        to look at!!

        Come on everyone. Please write to the list. We have a total of 23 people on
        here and only 2 have responded to your favorite Journey song. I apologize
        again. I know, you can't pick just one. Sure!!! LOL!!!

        Have a great one!!
        Judy
      • JRNY4ME@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 1999
          My favorite Journey song is Don't Stop Believin'. My favorite LIVE Journey
          songs are LTS (cuz' of Jonathan's slammin' keyboards) and Who's Cryin' Now,
          because of Jonathan's elegant keyboard solo.

          Barbie
        • JonCainFan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19, 1999
            In a message dated 1/19/99 8:28:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, JRNY4ME@...
            writes:

            << Who's Cryin' Now,
            because of Jonathan's elegant keyboard solo. >>

            Oh, the keyboards during the guitar solo. I love it!!!! I always have to
            sing along with it. Thanks Barbie for bringing that one up. Now, I have to
            listen to it.

            Bye,
            Judy
          • RESTLSONE@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 1999
              <<
              Rhonda, do you know where this song can be found? WOW!! You have an actual
              video of the Baby's. Do I hear a trade here? Sorry!! If possible, I would
              love to get a copy. Stick To Your Guns sounds like a song someone else
              recorded. Slaughter? I don't know. Anyone have any clues on this one?>>

              I don't have the whole concert video.....but I have a couple of live Babys
              perfomance videos from Canada and Europe with Jonathan in them. I wanna say
              they are for "Isn't It Time" or maybe "Everytime I Think of You" They're not
              chalk full of JC close ups, but you can see him. He's even wearing one of
              those goofy denim "pimp" type hats in one them. LOL!

              As far as the Stick To Your Guns tune...I believe it's a Bon Jovi tune you're
              thinking of , Judy. I'm sure it's not the same one JC does. ;)

              Tracy
            • TIBUREN@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 20, 1999
                I thought and thought about the questions.....so here goes
                If Jonathan weren't in music what else does he think he would be doing?
                Who were his first influences and who is he listening to know?
                Other than family, what other things inspire his music and lyrics?
                If he gets a chane to read novels what are his favorite kinds and fav authors?
                how has the past 10 years changed him (with getting married and having a
                family)?
                Will we ever see him do a solo show promoting a new vocal cd?
                ok....I will leave it at that.
                A prize? As the others have said, being realistic...and autographed photo? How
                bout a phone call..altho I think I might be tongue tied!
                Have a good one you all!
              • JonCainFan@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 20, 1999
                  In a message dated 1/20/99 7:43:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, TIBUREN@...
                  writes:

                  << Will we ever see him do a solo show promoting a new vocal cd?
                  ok... >>

                  How about a whole tour!!!