BTM

  • journeylibrary@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
      I have to rewind the show and watch it again, because after Jon
      started crying I locked up and I *remember nothing*. I would do
      *anything* to never see this guy cry again. Rhonda, tell Jon we'd
      overthrow a government if he likes, so long as he never cries again.
      <g> Honestly, it was very touching, and having kids of his own would
      make reflecting on that time very emotional...

      I think everyone was a class act. Unfortunately, to really get into
      the history of the band, an hour was too limiting.

      ~~Barb
    • radjrny@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001

        Rhonda, tell Jon we'd overthrow a government if he likes, so long as he
        never cries again.

        I'm calling him tomorrow.  He made me cry too.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Rhonda
      • mary845@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
          In a message dated 2/18/2001 1:26:43 PM Central Standard Time,
          radjrny@... writes:

          << I'm calling him tomorrow. He made me cry too.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Rhonda

          Rhonda,
          Please tell him that all us fans cried along with him and felt the pain,
          including me !!

          Mary Ann
        • journeylibrary@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
            > I'm calling him tomorrow. He made me cry too.........!!!!!!!!!!!!
            >
            > Rhonda

            I think one of the reasons we respect him so much is his
            forthrightness and basic emotional honesty; I'm glad VH1 left that in
            even if it caused a number of us to suffer a mental 404 error. lol
            Tell him we care about him very much and appreciate the fact that
            he's so open. That one moment showed more strength than any tough,
            macho rock star posturing I've seen in other BTM's.

            ~~Barb

            ps ~ hello to any newbies! Pardon us for being...um...wait, I still
            can't clear that 404 error.
          • mnm
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
              > << I'm calling him tomorrow. He made me cry too.........!!!!!!!!!!!!
              >
              > Rhonda
              > >>

              > Rhonda,
              > Please tell him that all us fans cried along with him and felt the
              > pain,
              > including me !!
              >
              > Mary Ann

              I'm going to third this one... I've rewound the tape and watched it
              again, and even *knowing* it was coming I choked up!

              =====
              Michelle
              ~~~~~~~~~
              ...With a song to help you believe it
              You can reinvent your world anytime you like

              a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • Michael & Michelle Doss
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
                I had heard the story before, but he gave it another level today.  The kleenex were flying freely at my house!
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
                  Okay, I missed this whole thing.  What happened?  Why was he crying?

                • Journey Library
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
                    ...and, like an idiot, I didn't consider the folks who haven't seen it or
                    can't until later in the week. If you're one of those people, email me and
                    call me an idiot for dropping a spoiler, and/or force me to outline in
                    detail what happened on BTM. I'll accept both happily.

                    Not like the chat, the Forum, and the Digests haven't gone into blistering
                    detail by now, but still. I have a big mouth. LOL

                    ~~Barb
                  • Michael & Michelle Doss
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 18, 2001
                      Hurry to VH1 - it starts again in 20 minutes!!!!
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 19, 2001
                        Help! I'm a Canadian fan who doesn't get BTM! (Well,
                        we do, but months and months and months after you do.)

                        Can I entice anyone to copy the show for me? I'll pay
                        for the tape and shipping.

                        Thanks,
                        Margaret

                        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                      • Richard Meyers
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 19, 2001
                          Jon Cain proved that rock stars and men don't have to
                          be oblivious to their feelings and that it's alright
                          to publicly express them!!! It only affirms my
                          original feelings in regards to The Man Jon Cain!!!

                          Rich

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 20, 2001
                            WOW!!!  I finally got to watch BTM last night.  It was on tape.  It was done
                            wonderfully.  It was great to see Steve A. in there at the beginning.  I just
                            love him!!  The part about the kid that was dying was very emotional anyway.
                            Then to see Jon crying like that.  Oh, my heart went out to him.

                            It was great to see how much Steve P. spoke.  I was surprised.  He sounded
                            very true to everything he said, with the exception of not being a part of
                            the band.  I'm glad BTM mapped out ROR and exactly what happened with Steve's
                            hip.  I guess he is living with his decision right now.  He looked very
                            desperate to get out there and sing again.  I hope he does.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 20, 2001
                              Barb, don't get down on yourself.  I was unable to watch BTM on Sunday, so I
                              just didn't read any mail until tonight.  That is why there is a subject
                              line.  The person can either delete or add to new mail and read when they are
                              ready.  I would have posted the second it was over at noon on Sunday if I
                              could.  There is nothing wrong with that!!!