Baltimore & Jonathan Updates

  • radjrny@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      First, A very special Thanks to Jon, Rin and Rite Aid for letting us crash
      the party.

      All the guys are very excited about the new CD coming out. We are most
      likely looking at an October release date. And I'm waiting on a date for the
      singles to be release. I've got a "Radio Station" page already to go.
      (Personally, I'm thinking September.)

      We (Shawn, Tracy & Myself (Hope you girls had fun!)) got to spend some
      personal time with Jon, Steve and their famlies. Everyone just welcomed us
      with "open arms". We really had a great night. Jonathan and I discussed
      some new ideas for the website. I don't want to say what they are till we
      get them in place. But, they are guaranteed to knock your socks off. They
      did mine!!!

      The Rite Aid people were so physced(?) about having Journey. They had just
      come from their formal awards dinner. You should have seen them coming in
      with long dresses and suits and ties. It was a site, but those people can
      rock. When the lights went down, so did their hair. At one point there was
      a girl standing next to me, mid twenties, all she could say was "He's so
      hot!!!", refering to Steve. It was so cute. The set was the Greatest Hits
      plus Remember Me and Fillmore Boogie. Hopefully, I'll have new pics of
      Jonathan up this weekend.

      They played for about an hour and a half, normal set. After the show, we
      hung out for awhile with Jonathan and Deen popped his head in to say "Hi".
      They had an early and long day ahead of them on Wednesday, so they headed
      back to the greenroom. We said our good-byes and left.

      We are going to be in for such a treat on the fall tour. The songs are going
      to be fantasic and the guys are ready to rock!!

      A big suggestion - If you can get a management job with Rite Aid, go for it.
      They throw one heck of a convention, not only was Journey there, Styx and KC
      and the Sunshine Band and they bought out the Hard Rock Cafe, Planet
      Hollywood and ESPN Zone. Previous performers Michael Bolton, Reba
      McIntier(?), Rod Stewart and the list goes on. Usually three bands to a
      convention.

      Well, I wanted to post what I could. I know a lot of people wanted to go, so
      I thought I'd let you in on some highlights of the trip.

      Rhonda Dirr
      Official Jonathan Cain Website
      http://www.jonathancain.com/