any plans for a rom update in the xbase?

  • kurdistang@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2001
    • Heyoka_face_eater
      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2001
        So is the Din sync problem that seems to affect a lot of users officially
        considered a bug?
      • Ryan McWhorter
        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2001
          i would hope so as there are at least 2 known bugs:

          a- performance kits don't copy over to pattern's 100% accurately- the HH
          section is always wrong

          b- when sending a midi program change that causes the xbase09 to hop a bank
          the unit always plays a few notes of the first pattern in the destination
          bank regardless if that pattern was selected- i.e. you're playing pattern 1
          and you send a program change to pattern 20 then the jomox will play a
          couple of beats from pattern 17 before it hits 20

          however, usually a 2.0 is the final software- that's why you get 1.4, 1.5,
          1.7 etc. and then the end is 2.0 (but aren't we at 2.04?)

          anyway, maybe so! r.
        • Ryan McWhorter
          Message 4 of 7 , May 16, 2001
            well i didn't include it on my bug list because jomox says its an 808
            specific compatibility problem that can be solved by removing a resistor on
            the 808 (with no damage). however, my 808 works great with all other din
            boxes so i think its a jomox issue. i'll be damned if i'm modding my 808
            just so it works better with the xbase09. so it is a bug, but maybe not a
            software bug that can be fixed in an OS. it seems to be a hardware problem
            with the quality of the xbase09 sync out signal- if a resistor needs to be
            removed then that means the xbase09 sync out signal is too low for the 808
            to read it correctly, so this would probably be a hardware bug.

            r.
          • John Van Nest
            Message 5 of 7 , May 16, 2001
              We are at 2.09. No known plans for a major upgrade, but if JoMoX is aware
              of smaller bugs, they may tackle a "bug fix" release.

              JVN

              > From: "Ryan McWhorter" <ryanmcwhorter@...>
              > Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:04:05
              > To: jomox@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [jomox] any plans for a rom update in the xbase?
              >
              > i would hope so as there are at least 2 known bugs:
              >
              > a- performance kits don't copy over to pattern's 100% accurately- the HH
              > section is always wrong
              >
              > b- when sending a midi program change that causes the xbase09 to hop a bank
              > the unit always plays a few notes of the first pattern in the destination
              > bank regardless if that pattern was selected- i.e. you're playing pattern 1
              > and you send a program change to pattern 20 then the jomox will play a
              > couple of beats from pattern 17 before it hits 20
              >
              > however, usually a 2.0 is the final software- that's why you get 1.4, 1.5,
              > 1.7 etc. and then the end is 2.0 (but aren't we at 2.04?)
              >
              > anyway, maybe so! r.

            • Simon
              Message 6 of 7 , May 17, 2001
                >We are at 2.09. No known plans for a major upgrade, but if JoMoX is aware
                >of smaller bugs, they may tackle a "bug fix" release.

                I complained to JoMoX about a couple of problems with my XBase09 in
                June last year. I got the impression that they knew of some bugs, but
                didn't seem interested in fixing them.

                If you are having problems, then you should let them know so that
                they understand that we are not happy about it. From what they say
                below, they don't think anyone else is having problems with this, and
                therefore will not fix it.

                Simon
                Canberra
                AUSTRALIA

                At 1:49 PM 20/6/00, Jomox wrote:
                >If there ever should be a new update, we will keep this problem in
                >mind. I am sorry that this is all i can do for you concerning this
                >at this time.
              • mango
                Message 7 of 7 , May 17, 2001
                  What are the known bugs in 2.09 ?
                  And is an upgrade done with software or hardware ? and is there a cost involved ?

                  Merely curious.
                  Thanks