German X-base Update: HELP!!

  • Brzykcy Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11 1:28 PM
      German X-base Update: HELP!!

      I, unfortunately, have a German unit, sold to me by Dick Michaels at Rogue music.

      Just wondering if anyone has any info on the hardware changes that are needed for this unit? I can do them myself (been working smt/assembly/engineering for 5 years now) but I need some diagrams and info.

      I have access to a scope, metcal soldering iron (the best), and just about any component known to mankind. ;))

      Please, someone, anyone, help me? ;)

      Hopefully I can get the 2.09 upgrade also somehow.. Info on this, too, would be appreciated.

      Thank You,

      Rob Brzykcy

    • Jomox GmbH Jürgen Michaelis
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12 4:21 AM
        Hello,

        When did Rogue sell the machine to you? They are unfortunately grey
        imported, and we have no chance to get rid of these grey channels as long as
        there are enough stupid dealers in Germany who make us trouble by shifting
        goods to America (it's not a profit for them)...
        Technically, it is no problem. You just need the US power supply. We can
        send one to you, but this is rather expensive considering transport and
        customs cost. In the end, this will be more expensive than buying an
        american model. The grey units are NOT supported by our american
        distributor!

        With the new 10.5 Volts US power supplies, there has nothing to be changed
        inside. The rom update can be put into the machine regardless of US/Europe.

        Please send a formal order to info@.... Then you'll get the price info
        for a regular american power supply from Jomox (don't use another one).

        Juergen Michaelis
        CEO / R & D

        JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
        Koertestr. 10 fon: +49(0)30/61702573
        10967 Berlin fax: +49(0)30/61702574
        Germany www.jomox.de

        > I, unfortunately, have a German unit, sold to me by Dick Michaels at Rogue
        > music.

        > Just wondering if anyone has any info on the hardware changes that are
        > needed for this unit? I can do them myself (been working
        > smt/assembly/engineering for 5 years now) but I need some diagrams and
        > info.

        > I have access to a scope, metcal soldering iron (the best), and just about
        > any component known to mankind. ;))

        > Please, someone, anyone, help me? ;)

        > Hopefully I can get the 2.09 upgrade also somehow.. Info on this, too,
        > would
        > be appreciated.

        > Thank You,

        > Rob Brzykcy
      • Brzykcy Robert
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12 7:11 AM
          It was Dick Michaels. He is being good about it, so I don't have any worries.. I believe it was one of his personal units, sold on #bay. The unit runs solidly, too which is good.

          >They are unfortunately grey
          imported, and we have no chance to get rid of these grey channels as long as
          there are enough stupid dealers in Germany who make us trouble by shifting
          goods to America (it's not a profit for them)...
          Technically, it is no problem. You just need the US power supply. We can
          send one to you, but this is rather expensive considering transport and
          customs cost. In the end, this will be more expensive than buying an
          american model. The grey units are NOT supported by our american
          distributor!

          It already has the US supply, but its the smaller one.

          >With the new 10.5 Volts US power supplies, there has nothing to be changed
          inside. The rom update can be put into the machine regardless of US/Europe.

          Knowing a bit about electronics, I was wondering if it might be okay to go with perhaps a 12v AC 1500ma supply? I have one of these. If you are using standard power supply circuits, I wouldn't think an extra volt or so would be an issue, but let me know for sure. If anything, I could always put a couple of diodes in line and drop the voltage down.

          Thanks

          Rob