Re: [jomox] Hot Airbase

  • Martijn
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
      Re: [jomox] Hot Airbase
      Ok but I also have a Micro Q and a Nord Modular (are these not analog? )and they are not so hot
      as the airbase.

      From: "Martijn" <schrader.grhm@...>
      Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:25:21 +0100
      To: <jomox@egroups.com>

      Hi,

      Is anybody know why they airbase is getting so hot if I compare it
      to my other synths. You can almost bake an egg on it.

      Gr.

      eGroups Sponsor

    • Martijn
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
        My display never had that trouble you discribe in the almost 2 years I own the Airbase.

        Gr.

        Martjin

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
          Actually, no they're not. They're virtual analogs(VA).

          {mr}klown

          * http://www.mp3.com/stations/station505 *
          * http://www.mp3.com/deadgirlgoodgirl *
          * http://www.mp3.com/mrklown *

        • mr klown
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
            Hmmm, maybe i should ship this back to zzounds then??? I picked it up in
            their used bin...

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
              I think that's a good idea because your Airbase does not react normal.

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                Yeah, the value knob doesn't always seem to work right either? Sometimes
                the number will get stuck, i'll keep twirlin' and then it'll jump to some
                other number, seems like it'll only go from those 2 or 3 numbers and skips
                everything inbetween...But now that i'm thinking, maybe that drum kit was
                scaler? Is that how that works, haven't played with it much yet...

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                  Easiest thing to do is to simply place a couple of quiet fans in your rack.
                  Opt for larger blade, lower rpm, as you don't get the whine. I have one
                  behind every rack. Don't even notice them unless you listen for them.
                  Hell my pc make more noise. This may clear up the problem with the
                  lag/jumping when setting the values. Heat does funny things to electronics.
                  Properties of components change the hotter they get.. This could be a
                  byproduct of that. At the very least, you will get a longer run time on the
                  unit if it's running cooler.
                • Martijn
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                    Also never had problems with the Value knob either. I think your Airbase is a little bit sick

                    Gr.

                    Martijn

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                      Hi, I had some of these problems. I opened up the airbase, pressed the
                      connections together, reseated any internal connections, etc, and everything
                      was fine since then...:)

                    • John Van Nest
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                        > From: "mr klown" <klown_mr@...>
                        > Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:02:41 -0600
                        > To: jomox@egroups.com
                        > Subject: Re: [jomox] Hot Airbase
                        >
                        > Actually, no they're not. They're virtual analogs(VA).
                        >
                        > {mr}klown

                        Meaning DIGITAL.
                      • John Van Nest
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                          I wouldn't be so sure about that, given that the US operates on different
                          power...AiRBase users? Anyone having the same problems as Mr Klown?

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                            >I wouldn't be so sure about that, given that the US operates on different
                            >power...AiRBase users? Anyone having the same problems as Mr Klown?

                            Yes...mine does it when it gets really hot...
                          • mr klown
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 8, 2000
                              heh, yeah sorry, haven't slept in a couple days so i wasn't quite finishing
                              my sentences ;)

                              > Actually, no they're not. They're virtual analogs(VA).
                              >
                              > {mr}klown

                              Meaning DIGITAL.