Xbase midi lag?

  • jk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2000
      hi list:
      Either me, or my Xbase is ill.

      I'm having a small 'creeping' timing error in the Xbase's midi
      output. I'm sorry if this has been covered here already,
      If you can forward me to the correct archives it would be very
      helpful.

      Why does the Xbase(ROMv2.09) seem to feed MIDI clock that causes a
      'creeping ahead' of the tempo into my sequencer's time base? Is this a
      design flaw, or a feature?

      The Xbase's internal sequencer's performance, does not
      stay in time with the sequencer/sequence driven from it. I'm using Doepfer
      Schaltwerk slave'd to the Xbase's midi clock. The error is very slight, about
      5milliseconds (.005sec) every 4 minutes or so. I can fix it by stopping
      and starting, but that gets old fast...

      When I slave the Xbase's timebase to Schaltwerk's midi timing clock,
      everything is fine. Even running all day.

      The hard part is, I don't know whats wrong. I *really* like the
      Xbase, and don't want to give it up as master tempo controller for the rig.

      Any ideas?
      Thanks in advance for your input,
      /jk
    • Brana
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2000
        jk, are you able to test your xbase out with something else? Are you sure
        it's not the Schaltwerk or a bad midi chord?

        Brana