Re: Plugged in Mbase 11 120 V adaptor into a 240V outlet

  • analogvirtual
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2011
      --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "analogvirtual" <soniktec@...> wrote:

      > I forgot to plug it in through the step down transformer.
      > I did not turn on the unit, but I got a burning plastic smell for a few seconds.
      > It was coming from the adaptor and not the mbase unit.
      > Then I quickly took it out and tried again through the step down...
      > The unit LCD display came on for a fraction of a second and went off..
      > Now the unit is not turning on at all.
      > There is NO burning smell from the unit itself .Only from the adaptor.
      > Usually, in such cases, is the unit damaged or only the adaptor ?
      > I am going to try to get a new adaptor with the same specs here, soon.
      > I hope the main unit is still working properly.
      >
      > If the unit is damaged, do I send it back to Jomox for repairs ?
      >
      > Thanks Guys

      I forgot to mention..THe Pins on the adaptor were hot.
    • Florian.Anwander@consol.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2011
        Seems noone answered until now.

        I am quite sure that only the original wallwart is broken. The Mbase
        should be fine. I don't own an amabase, but according the pictures on
        the jomox website it should be a standard wallwart 9V DC with + at
        center pin and -. at the outer contact.

        A 300mA DC wallwart should be fine.

        Florian