New OS updates available for the Xbase 888 & 999.

  • RodmanSan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6 1:49 AM
      Yes...finally....there are new OS updates available for the Xbase 888 & 999.

      XBASE 888 OS 1.12 05.07.2010 18:16

      Bugfixes XBASE 888 :

      -1.09 Splitmode 2
      -1.10 Song Position Pointer Pattern
      -1.11 OH/CH Acc Bug
      -1.12 CV velocity plops at midi triggers cancelled

      =======================================

      XBASE 999 OS 1.43 02.07.2010 23:39

      Bugfixes XBASE 999 :

      -1.39 Midi Realtime Message Bug
      -1.40 Song Position Pointer Pattern
      -1.41 OH/CH Acc Bug
      -1.42 Splitmode 2
      -1.43 CV acc plops at Midi triggers removed

      You can download the new OS updates from the support page on the Jomox website...keep in mind that the old versions are also available...so you have to pick the right one out of these : http://www.jomox.com/support.php?lang=2
    • punkdISCO
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6 10:29 AM
        Cool..

        What is Splitmode 2??

        Also, can we still load the 888os into out 999s?

        Ta for the info..

        Paul
        London
        www.punkdisco.co.uk
        Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
        "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"
      • cvbncvbnm
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6 7:21 PM
          > Cool..
          >
          > What is Splitmode 2??

          Looking at the MBrane11 documentation, which also has a "splitmode", it seems that we can now play a drum sound chromatically, so midi notes will now trigger the drum with different pitches. Regular mode would be the standard GM Midi assignment. However, because of the nature of the synthesis, the notes won't be on a strict semitone scale. Still, sounds like this could be an interesting way to play our Jomoxen!
        • RodmanSan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7 2:29 AM
            Helluw Paul....

            I am no official Jomox member....just the messenger... ;)

            What i can see in the update list is a new 999 to 888 OS version 1.12 which was placed on the 5th this month....so i guess a new version.

            You can download it via this link : http://www.jomox.com/upload/updates/X999_888_OS112.MID

            Hope this helps...:)

            Greetz...Roderick };^>

            --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "punkdISCO" <forums@...> wrote:

            > Cool..
            >
            > What is Splitmode 2??
            >
            > Also, can we still load the 888os into out 999s?
            >
            > Ta for the info..
            >
            > Paul
            > London
            > www.punkdisco.co.uk
            > Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
            > "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"

          • roel
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 7 1:45 PM
              Will the 999888 OS still remove the filter or so from the 999?
              best, roel

              RodmanSan schreef:

              > Helluw Paul....
              >
              > I am no official Jomox member....just the messenger... ;)
              >
              > What i can see in the update list is a new 999 to 888 OS version 1.12
              > which was placed on the 5th this month....so i guess a new version.
              >
              > You can download it via this link :
              > http://www.jomox.com/upload/updates/X999_888_OS112.MID
              >
              > Hope this helps...:)
              >
              > Greetz...Roderick };^>
              >
              > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jomox%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "punkdISCO" <forums@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Cool..
              > >
              > > What is Splitmode 2??
              > >
              > > Also, can we still load the 888os into out 999s?
              > >
              > > Ta for the info..
              > >
              > > Paul
              > > London
              > > www.punkdisco.co.uk
              > > Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
              > > "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"

            • Luciano Molinari
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 7 1:52 PM
                I'm looking to buy the 999 as soon as it hits the road again and I'm
                wondering way you guys are uploading he OS of one to the other?

                Lucho

                On Jul 7, 2010, at 5:45 PM, roel wrote:

                > Will the 999888 OS still remove the filter or so from the 999?
                > best, roel
                >

                > RodmanSan schreef:
                >>
                >> Helluw Paul....
                >>
                >> I am no official Jomox member....just the messenger... ;)
                >>
                >> What i can see in the update list is a new 999 to 888 OS version 1.12
                >> which was placed on the 5th this month....so i guess a new version.
                >>
                >> You can download it via this link :
                >> http://www.jomox.com/upload/updates/X999_888_OS112.MID
                >>
                >> Hope this helps...:)
                >>
                >> Greetz...Roderick };^>
                >>
                >> --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jomox%40yahoogroups.com>,
                >> "punkdISCO" <forums@...> wrote:
                >>>
                >>> Cool..
                >>>
                >>> What is Splitmode 2??
                >>>
                >>> Also, can we still load the 888os into out 999s?
                >>>
                >>> Ta for the info..
                >>>
                >>> Paul
                >>> London
                >>> www.punkdisco.co.uk
                >>> Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
                >>> "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"

                >> 07/07/10 06:36:00

              • Bill ambrose
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 9, 2010
                  I'm getting some very odd behaviour with the panning following this OS update.
                  I'm using an 888, and instruments are seemingly randomly panning themselves left and right.
                  Also only encoders 2 through 8 have any effect on the panning.. the first encoder no longer does anything (but it should do the panning for the Kick drum right ?

                  Still love this drum machine though.. wow what a sound

                  Cheers
                  Bill

                  On 6 July 2010 09:49, RodmanSan <2wikked@...> wrote:

                  Yes...finally....there are new OS updates available for the Xbase 888 & 999.

                  XBASE 888 OS 1.12 05.07.2010 18:16

                  Bugfixes XBASE 888 :

                  -1.09 Splitmode 2
                  -1.10 Song Position Pointer Pattern
                  -1.11 OH/CH Acc Bug
                  -1.12 CV velocity plops at midi triggers cancelled

                  =======================================

                  XBASE 999 OS 1.43 02.07.2010 23:39

                  Bugfixes XBASE 999 :

                  -1.39 Midi Realtime Message Bug
                  -1.40 Song Position Pointer Pattern
                  -1.41 OH/CH Acc Bug
                  -1.42 Splitmode 2
                  -1.43 CV acc plops at Midi triggers removed

                  You can download the new OS updates from the support page on the Jomox website...keep in mind that the old versions are also available...so you have to pick the right one out of these : http://www.jomox.com/support.php?lang=2

                • Fabien
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010

                    --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, Bill ambrose <ambrose.bill@...> wrote:
                    > Also only encoders 2 through 8 have any effect on the panning.. the first
                    > encoder no longer does anything (but it should do the panning for the Kick
                    > drum right ?

                    No, it's normal, there has never been panning for the kick drum.

                    In the manual :

                    The keys (Shift/Cancel) + (Step 9) activate the Stereo Panning
                    function which controls the stereo pan position of the instruments in
                    the main mix except for the bass drum.

                  • Fabien
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010
                      --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, Bill ambrose <ambrose.bill@...> wrote:
                      > Also only encoders 2 through 8 have any effect on the panning.. the first
                      > encoder no longer does anything (but it should do the panning for the Kick
                      > drum right ?

                      No, it's normal, there as never been pan for the kick drum.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010
                        Thanks for replying.
                        a definite case of RTFM I think !!
                        Bill