small Max for Live utility to add knobs to the MBase11

  • ROV PILOT
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 12:55 PM
      Hello purists (no offense, u r right to be)

      I just made this small utility to add knobs to the most powerfull kickdrum module of the galaxy, it's done quickly without the module, then tested in a few minutes between 2 planes, so it is not free of bugs I guess. However, it works fine here, and I do enjoy the fact to be able to limit the range of knobs for live use... and to get one know per usefull parameter ! Also the whole integration in the M4L environment opens so many possibilities...
      Enjoy, feedback welcome.
      - now working on smt more serious, for the Sunsyn... -

      the device :
      http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=264

      (the picture used as a background has been taken 3 weeks ago, and is a manta ray -20 feet wingspan !- of which flight reminds me of the bouncing liquid kicks coming from the black box)

      Cheers,

      laurent

    • roel
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 1:18 PM
        what is this max for live thing besides a great modular system? i mean
        more, where to obtain and estimated cost? is it for pc or mac or both?

        thanks, roel

        ROV PILOT schreef:

        > Hello purists (no offense, u r right to be)
        >
        > I just made this small utility to add knobs to the most powerfull
        > kickdrum module of the galaxy, it's done quickly without the module,
        > then tested in a few minutes between 2 planes, so it is not free of
        > bugs I guess. However, it works fine here, and I do enjoy the fact to
        > be able to limit the range of knobs for live use... and to get one
        > know per usefull parameter ! Also the whole integration in the M4L
        > environment opens so many possibilities...
        > Enjoy, feedback welcome.
        > - now working on smt more serious, for the Sunsyn... -
        >
        > the device :
        > http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=264
        > <http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=264>
        >
        > (the picture used as a background has been taken 3 weeks ago, and is a
        > manta ray -20 feet wingspan !- of which flight reminds me of the
        > bouncing liquid kicks coming from the black box)
        >

        > Cheers,
        >

        > laurent
      • ROV PILOT
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 2:30 PM
          http://www.ableton.com/maxforlive
          http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb10/articles/maxforlive.htm

          yes it is a modular environment if you want it to be, it's available for both platform, and u need live 8.1 to make it work
          the possibilities are amazing
          I'm currently using some monome emulation devices (such as polygome) with the launchpad (much cheaper than the monome) to drive the Sunsyn, fed into my soundcard, there 'pumped' by the mbase with a side-chain compressor. I can add some really exciting waveshapes to control any device parameter, change their shape, scroll through effects within racks for instant glitchy results, anything really. The integration of jitter makes it fun to add video, u can also track movements to drive parameters, but this is not necessarily musical... but then again u can force any incoming midi to a scale, add relevant chords, etc...
          It's hard not to fall in love.

          À : jomox@yahoogroups.com
          Envoyé le : Ven 2 avril 2010, 21 h 18 min 54 s
          Objet : Re: [jomox] small Max for Live utility to add knobs to the MBase11

          ROV PILOT schreef:

          > Hello purists (no offense, u r right to be)
          >
          > I just made this small utility to add knobs to the most powerfull
          > kickdrum module of the galaxy, it's done quickly without the module,
          > then tested in a few minutes between 2 planes, so it is not free of
          > bugs I guess. However, it works fine here, and I do enjoy the fact to
          > be able to limit the range of knobs for live use... and to get one
          > know per usefull parameter ! Also the whole integration in the M4L
          > environment opens so many possibilities. ..
          > Enjoy, feedback welcome.
          > - now working on smt more serious, for the Sunsyn... -
          >
          > the device :
          > http://www.maxforli ve.com/library/ device.php? id=264
          > <http://www.maxforli ve.com/library/ device.php? id=264>
          >
          > (the picture used as a background has been taken 3 weeks ago, and is a
          > manta ray -20 feet wingspan !- of which flight reminds me of the
          > bouncing liquid kicks coming from the black box)
          >

          > Cheers,
          >

          > laurent

        • Alex Yahoo

            À : jomox@yahoogroups. com

            ROV PILOT schreef:

            > Hello purists (no offense, u r right to be)
            >
            > I just made this small utility to add knobs to the most powerfull
            > kickdrum module of the galaxy, it's done quickly without the module,
            > then tested in a few minutes between 2 planes, so it is not free of
            > bugs I guess. However, it works fine here, and I do enjoy the fact to
            > be able to limit the range of knobs for live use... and to get one
            > know per usefull parameter ! Also the whole integration in the M4L
            > environment opens so many possibilities. ..
            > Enjoy, feedback welcome.
            > - now working on smt more serious, for the Sunsyn... -
            >
            > the device :
            > http://www.maxforli ve.com/library/ device.php? id=264
            > <http://www.maxforli ve.com/library/ device.php? id=264>
            >
            > (the picture used as a background has been taken 3 weeks ago, and is a
            > manta ray -20 feet wingspan !- of which flight reminds me of the
            > bouncing liquid kicks coming from the black box)
            >

            > Cheers,
            >

            > laurent

          • Bill ambrose
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2 3:18 PM
              it's an additional element of the Ableton Live sequencer programme and is therefore suitable for mac and pc.
              It allows for the creation of custom elements within Ableton Live.
              I want it.
              It's not just a modular system (that would describe reaktor better)
              Hope that helps explain.