xBase Midi question

  • Jared Kraemer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
      OK, I just picked up an xBase and I am having trouble with the midi.
      I think that I tried everything, but I wanted to ask the group for
      help. When using the xBase as a slave, it starts and stops correctly
      but does not stay in sync. When using it as a master, nothing
      connected to the midi out will respond. Start/stop messages, or note
      on/off messages are not being sent. I have an RM1x which has lights
      that indicate when Midi data is passing in or out. With the Jomox
      Midi out connnected to the RM1x Midi in, the lights never even light
      up. Do I have some setting wrong or is this xBase defective?

      Jared
    • Jared Kraemer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2000
        I ran the following tests to try to evaluate my problems with Midi
        In, Midi Out, and Midi Thru. I also used my Electribe as a substitute
        for the Jomox to make sure that what I thought was supposed to happen
        was happening when using the ER-1. Here are the tests that I ran:

        Jomox Midi In
        1) Test for syncronization
        Jomox clock set to "Mid", midi mode set to "SM1"
        RM1x set to be a master device
        Cable connected from RM1x Midi out to Jomox Midi in
        Jomox starts and stops with RM1x, but drifts out of sync!

        2) Test for note on/off
        Jomox clock set to "Mid", midi mode set to "SM1"
        Controller keyboard connected
        Cable connected from RM1x Midi out to Jomox Midi in
        Jomox drums respond correctly to note input from the keyboard

        Jomox Midi Out
        1) Test for syncronization
        Jomox clock set to "Int", midi mode set to "SM1"
        RM1x set to be a slave device
        Cable connected from Jomox Midi out to RM1x Midi in
        RM1x does not start and stop with Jomox, Midi data lights on
        RM1x do not light

        2) Test for note on/off
        Jomox clock set to "Int", midi mode set to "SM1", midi
        channel set to "1"
        RM1x set to be a slave device, piano voice selected on
        channel "1"
        Cable connected from Jomox Midi out to RM1x Midi in
        RM1x does not respond when Jomox drums are triggered, Midi
        data lights on RM1x do not light!

        3) Test for Jomox Ramp Mode (external sequencer)
        Jomox clock set to "Int", midi mode set to "SM1", Ramp
        channel set to "1"
        RM1x set to be a slave device, piano voice selected on
        channel "1"
        Cable connected from Jomox Midi out to RM1x Midi in
        RM1x does not respond to Ramp settings, Midi data lights on
        RM1x do not light!

        Jomox Midi Thru
        1) Test
        Jomox clock set to "Int", midi mode set to "SM1", Ramp
        channel set to "1"
        RM1x set to be a slave device, piano voice selected on
        channel "1"
        a)Keyboard connected directly to RM1x Midi in, Midi channel
        set to "1"
        RM1x responds to keyboard input, Midi data lights light
        when each key is pressed.
        b)Keyboard connected to Jomox Midi in, RM1x Midi in connected
        to Jomox Midi thru
        RM1x does not respond to keyboard input, Midi data lights
        do not light!

        Any suggestions?