sunsyn voice out of tune

  • dj_arkon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
      hi everyone

      my sunsyn has been sitting unused for about a year and its been dusted
      off and fired back up with one problem

      one of the voices is out of tune , the note it triggers is very flat
      as in a note or 2 . all other voices seem ok.

      when I do an autotune it sits on VCO 14 - OCT 001 for ever and gets no
      further

      any suggestions ? is there a way to manually tune that specific voice ?

      also how can I restore the factory presets on the sunsyn ? I cant find
      any to download. Or better presets .
    • dj_arkon
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
        --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "dj_arkon" <dj_arkon@...> wrote:

        > hi everyone
        >
        > my sunsyn has been sitting unused for about a year and its been dusted
        > off and fired back up with one problem
        >
        > one of the voices is out of tune , the note it triggers is very flat
        > as in a note or 2 . all other voices seem ok.
        >
        > when I do an autotune it sits on VCO 14 - OCT 001 for ever and gets no
        > further
        >
        > any suggestions ? is there a way to manually tune that specific voice ?
        >
        > also how can I restore the factory presets on the sunsyn ? I cant find
        > any to download. Or better presets .

        also i have just upgraded to os 1.22 with no other issues
      • Shagghie
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
          A sunsyn's voices are like the 9 lives of a cat.  As long as you still have one, you're good to go.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
            1 is good , 8 is better!

            i ran autotune about 10 times and the last time left it about an hour
            and luckily it finished and seems to be quite well in tune

            i will try tackling env and filter calibration and see if that goes ok

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
              i turned off and on the sunsyn to clear a stuck note and now its back
              , 1 voice well out of tune .

              something just doesnt seem right . is there a way of manually setting
              the tune of a specific voice ?

              --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "dj_arkon" <dj_arkon@...> wrote:

              > 1 is good , 8 is better!
              >
              > i ran autotune about 10 times and the last time left it about an hour
              > and luckily it finished and seems to be quite well in tune
              >
              > i will try tackling env and filter calibration and see if that goes ok
              >
              > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, Shagghie <shagghie@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A sunsyn's voices are like the 9 lives of a cat. As long as you
              > still have
              > > one, you're good to go.
              > >
              > > On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 9:54 PM, dj_arkon <dj_arkon@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com <jomox%40yahoogroups.com>, "dj_arkon"

              > dusted

              > gets no

              > voice ?

              > cant find
              > > > >

              > > > also i have just upgraded to os 1.22 with no other issues

            • watson
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2008
                i have never had this kind of problem with my sunsyn, i get hung notes from cubase every now and again but i really think it is the Midex interface cause it doesnt happen when i am using the m audio interface. i really wish the sunsyn sequencer would see the light of day, that thing looks badass with 32 steps and all. just hope it has 32 steps and a/b pattern that would be chronic.

                --
                i warned you not to go out tonight...