999 - select drum kits & patterns via midi

  • Mario Fischer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      hi,

      i'm not so fit with midi and would like to select drum kits and patterns with cubase4 via midi.
      the only 2 sentences i read about this point in the manual are the following:

      To select a bank via midi bankselect command, you have to send a program change command after the
      bankselect command. Only then the bank will be changed.

      I've loaded jürgen's *.xml into cubase and now i've to adjust the mixer map.

      is it needed to send bankselect cc0 or bankselect cc0 and bankselect cc32 after that ??
      and with which value (0-127) ??
      with which value (0-127) does i need to send the program change ??

      could somebody help me please ??

      thanks a million. mario.
    • Mario Fischer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
        oh come on guys - nobody uses this feature ??

        i don't get it, so please help me...

        thanks. mario.

        Am 02.03.2008 um 21:07 schrieb Mario Fischer:

        hi,

        i'm not so fit with midi and would like to select drum kits and patterns with cubase4 via midi.
        the only 2 sentences i read about this point in the manual are the following:

        To select a bank via midi bankselect command, you have to send a program change command after the
        bankselect command. Only then the bank will be changed.

        I've loaded jürgen's *.xml into cubase and now i've to adjust the mixer map.

        is it needed to send bankselect cc0 or bankselect cc0 and bankselect cc32 after that ??
        and with which value (0-127) ??
        with which value (0-127) does i need to send the program change ??

        could somebody help me please ??

        thanks a million. mario.

      • Eugene Erokhin
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
          Well, I have same problem. I think 999 can't switch kits in meantime OS by MIDI.
          I think it's one of a few critical bugs.

          Another one fix for a critical bug I wait for a long time, is instruments level change after Write button have pressed.

          But it looks like that Jurgen isn't going to fix it in near time :( .

          Best
          Eugene