Snare on last step (16) distorting

  • skkatter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      I'm having a problem with my Jomox XBase999 and wanted to see if
      anybody else was seeing (or rather hearing!) the same thing.

      Say I have a normal blank pattern and I program one snare on the very
      last step (16), now the snare will play on the 16th and will sound
      fine. However, if while that pattern is playing, I press the up or
      down button to change to another pattern, the snare on that last step
      in my current pattern will always distort noticeably before the next
      pattern is played (it doesn't matter what's in the next pattern, for
      this example I had a blank pattern I was changing over to).

      This also happens in song mode, the snare will distort if the next
      pattern is a different one. It's an unusual problem because the snare
      won't distort at all if the same pattern just keeps repeating.

      The above was tested using a pattern in "fixed" mode (ie, it'll just
      play A and not B). If I make a pattern in "alt" mode (ie, it plays A
      and then B), it's only the snare on the 16th note of the B part of the
      pattern that will distort if before it is played I press the up or
      down button to switch to a new pattern. (I hope I'm explaining this
      well!)

      I've tried this with all the other instruments on the last step (16)
      too, and it's only the snare that distorts when I switch patterns. I
      don't have anything routed to the filter, and the snare distorts when
      I use my headphones in the headphone jack, when I have the Xbase999
      plugged in via the stereo mix output and also if I have the snare
      coming out through the SD output jack.

      Is this happening with anybody else out there? I can post up some
      audio examples tomorrow when I have my PC set up properly (just on my
      laptop at the moment).

      -Stephen
      --
      http://www.skkatter.net
    • roel
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2007
        Confirmed.

        It's like the 999 "thinks" a while before switching over to the next
        pattern and therefore chatters a little.

        best, roel