Sunsyn alternate sounds ??

  • j_dogbig
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2007
      Hi all, trying hard to like a Sunsyn I just acquired.

      Anybody have any good Sunsyn patches they like to share in sys-ex ?
      I need a good bunch to work from to do my own.
    • shagghie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2007
        don't try too hard!  grab a saw wave and go nuts!
        add a couple digital waveforms to get freaky.
        set up your filter morph to go from LPF closed to HPF  open...
        keep it simple till you find your way around
        other's patches will only screw u up because of the mod matrix
        -from my iPhone

        -Scott S

        On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:10 PM, "j_dogbig" <rts7@...> wrote:

        Hi all, trying hard to like a Sunsyn I just acquired.

        Anybody have any good Sunsyn patches they like to share in sys-ex ?
        I need a good bunch to work from to do my own.

      • watson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 17, 2007
          i would send you some patches but my shit is even way more experimental than the jomox patches,  i am assuming you are looking for some more standard type sounds to start with?  if not let us know ill send you some stuff.

          --
          i warned you not to go out tonight...
        • synchro1
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2007
            Well I don't know about the person who first asked, but I would really enjoy seeing/hearing/playing some of your patches. And the more experimental, the better.

            I have never found any SunSyn patches online - are there any? Perhaps we should start uploading some to the files section on this yahoo site.

            I agree with the sentiment that it is most fun to start your own from scratch but it isn't a one or the other proposition. I find it sometimes inspirational to see how others approach sound design using the same tools I use.

            >i would send you some patches but my shit is even way more experimental than
            >the jomox patches, i am assuming you are looking for some more standard
            >type sounds to start with? if not let us know ill send you some stuff.
            >
            >On 8/17/07, shagghie <shagghie@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> don't try too hard! grab a saw wave and go nuts!
            >> add a couple digital waveforms to get freaky.
            >> set up your filter morph to go from LPF closed to HPF open...
            >> keep it simple till you find your way around
            >> other's patches will only screw u up because of the mod matrix
            >> -from my iPhone
            >>
            >> -Scott S
            >>
            >> On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:10 PM, "j_dogbig" <rts7@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi all, trying hard to like a Sunsyn I just acquired.
            >>
            >> Anybody have any good Sunsyn patches they like to share in sys-ex ?
            >> I need a good bunch to work from to do my own.
            >>

            >--
            >i warned you not to go out tonight...
          • Shagghie
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 17, 2007
              Actually, yes, I just re-read the original poster's request, and it's very clear they like working a different way or are at least very interested in deconstructing or modding others' patches.  Hats off to you and Watson for offering up.  My first reaction had more to do with me being on my iPhone, in a hurry, but wanting to offer encouragement to get to know their new sunsyn.

              All for uppping' of sysex's.....but I'm going to ask an ignorant question:  is there a way to dump individual patches yet in the first place?

              ta!

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 17, 2007
                yeah is there a way to dump and load individual patches?  i havent tried ever

                On 8/17/07, Shagghie <shagghie@... > wrote:

                Actually, yes, I just re-read the original poster's request, and it's very clear they like working a different way or are at least very interested in deconstructing or modding others' patches.  Hats off to you and Watson for offering up.  My first reaction had more to do with me being on my iPhone, in a hurry, but wanting to offer encouragement to get to know their new sunsyn.

                All for uppping' of sysex's.....but I'm going to ask an ignorant question:  is there a way to dump individual patches yet in the first place?

                ta!

                On 8/17/07, synchro1 <synchro1@...> wrote:

                Well I don't know about the person who first asked, but I would really enjoy seeing/hearing/playing some of your patches. And the more experimental, the better.

                I have never found any SunSyn patches online - are there any? Perhaps we should start uploading some to the files section on this yahoo site.

                I agree with the sentiment that it is most fun to start your own from scratch but it isn't a one or the other proposition. I find it sometimes inspirational to see how others approach sound design using the same tools I use.

                >i would send you some patches but my shit is even way more experimental than
                >the jomox patches, i am assuming you are looking for some more standard
                >type sounds to start with? if not let us know ill send you some stuff.
                >
                >On 8/17/07, shagghie <shagghie@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> don't try too hard! grab a saw wave and go nuts!
                >> add a couple digital waveforms to get freaky.
                >> set up your filter morph to go from LPF closed to HPF open...
                >> keep it simple till you find your way around
                >> other's patches will only screw u up because of the mod matrix
                >> -from my iPhone
                >>
                >> -Scott S
                >>
                >> On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:10 PM, "j_dogbig" <rts7@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Hi all, trying hard to like a Sunsyn I just acquired.
                >>
                >> Anybody have any good Sunsyn patches they like to share in sys-ex ?
                >> I need a good bunch to work from to do my own.
                >>

                >--
                >i warned you not to go out tonight...

                --
                i warned you not to go out tonight...