Re: [jomox] Re: Sunsyn's OSUpt not working, 'function disabled'?

  • Michaelis
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
      check the midi channels. if the rx channel is different to 1, the download
      tool must match the midi channel. in the sysex stream it is the "unit
      channel", but that's the midi channel in fact. I'm sure that Sysex
      libriarain cannot change the unit channel in the Jomox sysex string.

      And therefore you have to turn the rx channel on the sunsyn to "1".

      the proper OS sysex reception is indicated by a "SYS" flashing in the red
      display.

      Best Wishes,

      Jürgen Michaelis
      Jomox GmbH

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
        Cool, that worked like a charm. Thanks Jurgen!

        And just for my future reference for anyone: Turn the OSUpt to 'On' under the midi ->
        then Sysex. Make sure the midi Rx channel is set to 1. I did Autotune as well, because I
        remember that helped me out when I uploaded OS1.19, but maybe that wasn't a factor. I
        used SysEx Librarian to load the OS.

        BTW, is the RSUNdump.mid the factory patch sounds? The Jimdump patches are really
        cool. It'd be cool to find more like that.

        Now it's time to tune the envelopes and filters!