[jomox] XBase 2.0 chips

  • John Van Nest
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 1999
      Now that a half dozen of you have installed the 2.x chips...what are your
      comments regarding any changes you've noticed and have any of you used the
      new midi capabilities?

      I know there are many interested individuals...

      John
    • Jason Maston
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 1999
        Does anyone know if the Jomox can transmit note on/off midi data only? I
        am experimenting with having the Jomox drum patterns trigger my Microwave
        XT, but the Jomox annoyingly sends bank and pattern change data, and the XT
        doesn't have just a note on/off mode.

        How are the new chips working out?

        Jason

        At 11:49 AM 11/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
        >Now that a half dozen of you have installed the 2.x chips...what are your
        >comments regarding any changes you've noticed and have any of you used the
        >new midi capabilities?
        >
        >I know there are many interested individuals...
        >
        >John

        >-- Check out your eGroup's private Chat room
        >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=jomox&m=1

      • new humanz
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 1999
          hello everyone, i own an airbase...i've heard some tlak on the list about
          timing problems/glitches...anyone care to elaborate, i'd like to test mine,
          as i have had no timing problems so far :)
          thanks!

        • Jordan Vesteyo
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 1999
            I have one of the Namm Airbases,  It is a Version 1.01 rom in this there is an occassional skipping of claps but other than that it seems very stable.  Brana has informed me that the glitches are corrected in Rom version 1.09.
            new humanz wrote:

            hello everyone, i own an airbase...i've heard some tlak on the list about
            timing problems/glitches...anyone care to elaborate, i'd like to test mine,
            as i have had no timing problems so far :)
            thanks!

            click here
            Click here!
            eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox
          • druma tix
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 14, 1999
              Greetings Johnny

              I contacted u before referring to a late OS chip delivery, and u replied by
              saying that u had u just got the chips and were about
              to ship them out, also saying something about Jomox canadian distributor
              taking care of me...
              in any case there does not seam to be anyone taking care of me...this is 6
              weeks later..

              I'd really appreciate it if u could fill in the blanks...when the chips hit
              the House..

              thx
              druma

            • John Van Nest
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 14, 1999
                If you're a Canadian customer, call Brana at New Science in Vancouver. Or
                you can reach him at

                vgavrilo@...

                JVN!

              • feldspar@albany.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 15, 1999
                  john van nest <johnnyv-@...> wrote:
                  original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox/?start=281
                  > Now that a half dozen of you have installed the 2.x chips...what are
                  your
                  > comments regarding any changes you've noticed and have any of you
                  used the
                  > new midi capabilities?
                  >
                  > I know there are many interested individuals...
                  >
                  > John
                  > [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|

                  i have run the machine, full instrument ensemble, using 2.09 and it is
                  consistently tight ; even when sequencing the three addditional midi
                  tracks with note and octave shifts thouroughly tweaked on the x-base.
                • Saul Goode
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 16, 1999
                    i've been trying to use the xbase to sequence seperate midi gear on
                    seperate midi channels, but when i pick a new channel for the new track, my
                    old track cuts out until i put it back on its ch. also the knobs for
                    seguencing don't respond while its stoped, ie. midi ch., legato, stacato. i
                    was just wondering if any one was succsesfully running different gear on
                    different channels?
                    other than that, this box is the shit now!!!