XBase 999 orders

  • magnetize
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
      Novamusik are taking them -

      http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?click=WeeklySpecials&clickid=45&type=Manufacturer&keyword=40

      MSRP $2199

      A lot of beans!!

      Any news on European availabilty & price i wonder?

      --
      http://www.magnetize.biz
    • punkdISCO
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
        > MSRP $2199
        > A lot of beans!!
        > Any news on European availabilty & price i wonder?

        Im also eager to see the Euro price. Seems funny that we have USD prices
        for this German product but no euro prices yet..

        I think we were all assuming it was going to be expensive but I was
        certainly hoping that it would be affordable to those of us who are not in
        studios with unlimited gear budgets.. I mean, the xBase was expensive
        enough but I presumed this would come in slightly above the xBase price.

        But, I guess this is all a bit premature as we dont have the final prices
        yet..

        Fingers crossed then..

        Paul
        London
        www.punkdisco.co.uk
      • Michaelis
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
          well,

          go on the Jomox website into the online store...Europeans can preorder this
          unit now at Jomox if you want a serial number of the first. Prices are
          published since christmas.
          Initial deliveries will probably be limited, so it's better to reserve a
          unit from the first bunch.

          I think the price of 1499 EUR is a fair one although I understand that it's
          a lot of beans.
          Nevertheless, you can't produce a complex analog product like this for
          less...its an XBase09 + AirBase99 + a sophisticated dual filter box with
          sequencer and a tiny reloadable sampler. We have given this a lot of
          thought, but I really think that this is the most fair deal. I think quality
          must have a price...and the hardware cost us money, too.
          Please remember that the machinedrum cost the same or even more...and please
          remember that we - like any business - have to make more money than we spend
          to be able to continue to produce and develop products for your benefit.
          Life is a compromise...you can't get better features and better quality (and
          it will have) for less money...

          Best Wishes,

          Jürgen Michaelis
          -------------------------------------
          JoMoX GmbH * Berlin
          Tel +49 (0)30 61702573
          www.jomox.de

          > > Any news on European availabilty & price i wonder?
          >
          > Im also eager to see the Euro price. Seems funny that we have USD prices
          > for this German product but no euro prices yet..
          >
          > I think we were all assuming it was going to be expensive but I was
          > certainly hoping that it would be affordable to those of us who are not in
          > studios with unlimited gear budgets.. I mean, the xBase was expensive
          > enough but I presumed this would come in slightly above the xBase price.
          >
          > But, I guess this is all a bit premature as we dont have the final prices
          > yet..
          >
          > Fingers crossed then..
          >
          > Paul
          > London
          > www.punkdisco.co.uk
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • magnetize
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
            yes, i appreciate all these facts & its actually great to see, for once, that the euro price works out a lot less than the us $ msrp :)
            well, ive just sold my machindrum, 626 & airbass99 (ill hold onto the 808 for the moment) & ordered one.
            any indication of when theyll be shipping jurgen?

            --
            http://www.magnetize.biz

            Message: 3

            > > Any news on European availabilty & price i wonder?
            >
            > Im also eager to see the Euro price.  Seems funny that we have USD prices
            > for this German product but no euro prices yet..
            >
            > I think we were all assuming it was going to be expensive but I was
            > certainly hoping that it would be affordable to those of us who are not in
            > studios with unlimited gear budgets..  I mean, the xBase was expensive
            > enough but I presumed this would come in slightly above the xBase price.
            >
            > But, I guess this is all a bit premature as we dont have the final prices
            > yet..
            >
            > Fingers crossed then..
            >
            > Paul
            > London
            > www.punkdisco.co.uk

          • John Van Nest

              > > Any news on European availabilty & price i wonder?
              >
              > Im also eager to see the Euro price.  Seems funny that we have USD prices
              > for this German product but no euro prices yet..
              >
              > I think we were all assuming it was going to be expensive but I was
              > certainly hoping that it would be affordable to those of us who are not in
              > studios with unlimited gear budgets..  I mean, the xBase was expensive
              > enough but I presumed this would come in slightly above the xBase price.
              >
              > But, I guess this is all a bit premature as we dont have the final prices
              > yet..
              >
              > Fingers crossed then..
              >
              > Paul
              > London
              > www.punkdisco.co.uk

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • Michaelis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                No,

                unfortunately not...but in Frankfurt end of march I will show it.
                It was just too short and the 2-3 weeks NAMM including preparations, jet lags and return-traumas would miss out on our tight schedule.

                Greetings to rainy California from snowy and gloomy Berlin!

                JM

                > > Any news on European availabilty & price i wonder?
                >
                > Im also eager to see the Euro price.  Seems funny that we have USD prices
                > for this German product but no euro prices yet..
                >
                > I think we were all assuming it was going to be expensive but I was
                > certainly hoping that it would be affordable to those of us who are not in
                > studios with unlimited gear budgets..  I mean, the xBase was expensive
                > enough but I presumed this would come in slightly above the xBase price.
                >
                > But, I guess this is all a bit premature as we dont have the final prices
                > yet..
                >
                > Fingers crossed then..
                >
                > Paul
                > London
                > www.punkdisco.co.uk

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • ALX002
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                  An important question :

                  Will all features advertised be implemented on the
                  first 999's??

                  Alx002

                  PS: HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL JOMOX TEAM

                • punkdISCO
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                    > I think the price of 1499 EUR is a fair one although I understand that
                    it's
                    > a lot of beans. Nevertheless, you can't produce a complex analog product
                    like this for
                    > less...its an XBase09 + AirBase99 + a sophisticated dual filter box with
                    > sequencer and a tiny reloadable sampler. We have given this a lot of
                    > thought, but I really think that this is the most fair deal. I think
                    quality
                    > must have a price...and the hardware cost us money, too.

                    Hey Jurgen - thanks for the reply.. Yes, I agree with all of the above..

                    1500Euro is looking more attractive. The USD price translates to 1840euro
                    (1260ukp) but 1500euro is only approx £1000. I was expecting the price to
                    be about £900 so this is close.

                    Seems like the last couple of years have been a very good period for
                    analogue fans, and its getting better by the day..

                    Paul
                    London
                    www.punkdisco.co.uk
                  • Jeff Storm
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                      I'm all ready to pre-order as soon as my reseller gives me the green light.
                      Remember nobody is going to pay msrp I think the map is $1800 atleast thats
                      what novamusic is advertising.

                    • mrneph@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 3, 2006
                        Yea, I paid 800 us for the xbase09 and was looking to get the new
                        one---but 2199 is out of my price range for now.
                        I'm sure it's going to crank though!
                        Dave