x base o9 ---accessing addtl pitches through midi

  • davyjavynow
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hello.
      I have a specific question but my wording may be a bit off so please bear with
      me.
      Ok---in pattern record mode directly on the module, you can alter the pitch/
      sound on each individual hit (kicks specific for my question)---this gives you
      the potential for 16 different kick drums per 16 beat measure. I like having the
      different kicks as it gives a different groove to the track.
      Here's the thing---I use the xbase and pattern mode as a mock up of the beat--
      sound creation, etc,-but I use an external sequencer (cubase sx 2.2) for note
      placement and key it all in the piano roll.
      The problem I seem to be having and I am hoping there is an answer for is:
      How do i access all of the indepently tweaked sounds by way of the external
      sequencer? I'm assuming there is a way to access each step since they can
      be independently altered.

      If anyone has any idea of how to accomplish this, i would appreciate it.
      Dave
    • ALX002
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        HI Davy

        ALL sound MIDI parameters are listed in the manual.
        For exmple, the ATTACK KICK midi controller is number
        106. If you want to change ATTACK for each note , you
        have to place a note kick and adjust the controller
        106 to the correct value for this step.
        SO for each step in your external sequencer you have
        to adjust each controller value. Normaly you can for
        each MIDI NOTE adjust midi controlers.

        Hope this will help you

        Alex

        --- davyjavynow <mrneph@...> a écrit :

[...]