Re: SUNSYN TIPS

  • rouse_vision
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 11, 2005
      Hey Alex,

      I like the Fivepad and the Polysynth. I have tried to copy the
      Polysynth and come close, close enough for another good sound anyway.
      The Fivepad sounds a bit like something 'Enya' could use. I would love
      to have it, but I am not sure how to begin. I suppose you won't tell
      me your secret...

      Since I don't have any other reasonable program, I have tried to take
      down parameter values of my favourites in a spreadsheet. But when
      trying to reconstruct, it didn't quite work out for some reason.
      Thought it would do the trick...

      -Frank

    • ALX002
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 11, 2005
        Hi ROuse

        I'll look at the parameters for the Fivepad , and will
        give you them !!

        Alx002

        ---------------------------------

        wrote:
        > Can you tell me what do you think about these
        > presets........?
        >
        > Alex
        >

        > -- jigginz280 <jameswhiggins@h...> a écrit :
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yeah, that worked. Nice one.
        > Sounds like a mean pad machine!
        >
        > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, ALX002 <alx002@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > Hey the correct link is:

        http://studiofargis1.free.fr/DEMO%20ANALO/SUNSYNPRESETDEMO

        > > Sorry
        > > !!
        > >
        > > --- jigginz280 <jameswhiggins@h...> a écrit :
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > > That link didn't work for me.
        > >

        > > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "ALEX" <alx002@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > I have made some demo sounds of the presets!!!
        It
        > > for you !!!!
        > > >
        > > > enjoy

        http://studiofargis1.free.fr/DEMO%20ANALO/SUNSYNPRESETD
        > > > EMO/
        > > >

        > > > Alx002
        > > >

        > > > -- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "ALEX"
        <alx002@y...>

        > > SOUNDS.
        Native
        > > and I
        > > > transpose
        > > change the
        > > can Sync
        > > > on
        OSCA
        > > will be
        > > > the
        > the
        > > Sunsyn
        > > > this

        > > > PATCHES!!

        some

        > > > comparaison

        > Yahoo!
        > > Terms of Service.

        > _____
        > > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le
        > nouveau Yahoo!
        > Messenger
        > > Téléchargez cette version sur
        > http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

        Yahoo!
        > Terms of Service.

        > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le
        nouveau Yahoo!
        Messenger
        > Téléchargez cette version sur
        http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------

      • analogback
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 11, 2005
          hi alex, just wanted to direct a question at you because you seem
          onto the sunsyn!! i was wondering if you still experience some
          envelope clicks and if theres any things that are discouraging about
          the sunsyn or is everything working great? ie. multimode??
          thanks.. analogback

          _

          ______

          ______
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 12, 2005
            Hi rouse vision,

            Here is the parameters for FIVE PAD sound patch:

            VCO's:
            VCO1: range 8 ,Square PWM at 85 , level FULL (127)
            VCO2: range 8 ,square PWM at 50, leve127, fine tuning
            22

            ENV2 (env1 is not used): Adjust as you like the
            release
            Attack: 56
            Decay: 87
            Sustain:127
            Release: 80

            Filtre:hard to have the exact parameters

            Cutoff: 70/72
            Reso:20
            Envamt: 0
            Keytrack:127
            POle 1 to 4 : 20 ( adjust)

            LFO1 (lfo2 not used)
            Delay:0
            Speed:26 ( you can change it as you like)
            trig off
            Wave TRIANGLE

            Routing:
            R1:57 lF01 to VCO1 PWM
            R2 59 LFO1 to VCO2 PWM

            On this patch : there is no velocity or control
            routing
            in the menu edit Modulation

            ENJOY it

            ALX002

            PS: it could be very usefull to be able to dump /load
            just ONE preset SOUND (with a number memory select)

            wrote:
            > Can you tell me what do you think about these
            > presets........?
            >
            > Alex
            >

            > -- jigginz280 <jameswhiggins@h...> a écrit :
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yeah, that worked. Nice one.
            > Sounds like a mean pad machine!
            >
            > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, ALX002 <alx002@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > Hey the correct link is:

            http://studiofargis1.free.fr/DEMO%20ANALO/SUNSYNPRESETDEMO

            > > Sorry
            > > !!
            > >
            > > --- jigginz280 <jameswhiggins@h...> a écrit :
            > >

            > > ---------------------------------
            > > That link didn't work for me.
            > >

            > > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "ALEX" <alx002@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > > I have made some demo sounds of the presets!!!
            It
            > > for you !!!!
            > > >
            > > > enjoy

            http://studiofargis1.free.fr/DEMO%20ANALO/SUNSYNPRESETD
            > > > EMO/
            > > >

            > > > Alx002
            > > >

            > > > -- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "ALEX"
            <alx002@y...>

            > > SOUNDS.
            Native
            > > and I
            > > > transpose
            > > change the
            > > can Sync
            > > > on
            OSCA
            > > will be
            > > > the
            > the
            > > Sunsyn
            > > > this

            > > > PATCHES!!

            > > > comparaison

            > Yahoo!
            > > Terms of Service.

            > _____
            > > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le
            > nouveau Yahoo!
            > Messenger
            > > Téléchargez cette version sur
            > http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

            Yahoo!

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 12, 2005
              I have forgotten:

              SYNC off
              RESTART: OFF
              Glide OFF

              Noise OFF
              EXT OFF

              FILTRE IN 4 pole LOWPASS mode 24 dB

              ENV2 AMOUNT : at full

              RCO's not used: level at 0

              Alex

              ____________________

              _________________________

              _________________________
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 14, 2005
                IT WORKED!

                Thanks a lot, Alex! Cool sound!

                What kind of music are you making - maybe I have one for you in return?

                -Rouse

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 14, 2005
                  Hi Rouse
                  go to this link
                  http://vraux.free.Fr/JOMOX

                  here is some demo tracks recorded live..... No Mixing
                  , no EQ..... sorrry

                  I like: Techno Minimaliste, Tech House, Detroit, Acid
                  etc.......

                  Hope you will like these tracks.

                  I have also finished ( Mixed and masterised) a REMIX
                  from DAFT PUNK

                  Alex

                  wrote:
> [...]
                  http://studiofargis1.free.fr/DEMO%20ANALO/SUNSYNPRESETD
                  > EMO

                  > > It

                  http://studiofargis1.free.fr/DEMO%20ANALO/SUNSYNPRESETD

                  > > <alx002@y...>

                  > > Native
                  VCO
                  > > OSCA
                  > > > the

                  MOOG

                  > > some

                  > > to:

                  > > > Yahoo!

                  > ____________________
                  > > > _____
                  > > > nouveau Yahoo!
                  > > > Messenger
                  > > > http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

                  > > Yahoo!
                  > > > Terms of Service.

                  > _________________________
                  > >
                  > > > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec

                  Yahoo!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 24, 2005
                    Hi Alex,

                    I am using the Sunsyn mostly for (old-fashioned) 80'ies Pop and for
                    Heavy Metal. Nevertheless, you may want to check out this sound:

                    SYNC off
                    RESTART: OFF
                    Glide OFF

                    Noise OFF
                    EXT OFF

                    ENV2 AMOUNT : at full
                    RCO's not used: level at 0

                    VCO's:
                    VCO1: range 8, Saw, level 127
                    VCO2: range 16, Square PW at 20, level 65, fine tuning 0

                    ENV1
                    Polarity: positive (+)
                    Attack: 0
                    Decay: 45
                    Sustain: 0
                    Release: 0

                    ENV2
                    Attack: 0
                    Decay: 100
                    Sustain:100
                    Release: 10

                    Filtre
                    FILTRE IN 4 pole LOWPASS mode 24 dB
                    Cutoff: 35
                    Reso: 22
                    Envamt: 45
                    Keytrack: 65
                    Pole 1 to 4: 65

                    No Routing

                    The sound should be something usable for the music you make, either as
                    arpeggio or as bass. I named it "Plasma Seq" - playing with the
                    cut-off (even better: morph-function) is neat when playing arpeggios.

                    Enjoy!

                    - Rouse

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 25, 2005
                      Thanks a lot Frank

                      I entered your Cool Bass Sound in my SUNSYN !!!

                      For another tips: I plug the outpout of the sunsyn in My Filter
                      Moogerfooger MF101: Hooo my god... I have more Warm phat
                      sound like a jupiter 8: the sound become Moogy and very good
                      for brass 70's

                      Alex

                      --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "rouse_vision"