xbase clock and accent weirdness....

  • auxpot
    Message 1 of 9 , May 16, 2005
      hi,

      i have some strange probs with my xbase (2.09) and i really like
      to know if it´s just about major bugs or if my one is faulty...

      1. i read in this forum that the xbase is not sending out midi clock
      when in slave mode, but my one always sends clock also in
      slave mode.

      2. the clock that the xbase sends (wether in master or slave) is
      totally unstable. i tested it with different midiinterfaces and
      cubase and with hardware sequencers. the clock always jumps
      constantly between 20bpm and 200bpm or so.

      3. accent/velocity out: if i set steps with accent the velocity via
      midiout is always stable, i.e. xbease sends the value i set with
      the accent knob.
      but when i set steps without accents, the velocity randomly
      changes between 64 and 127...accent is turned on and off in a
      random fashion so to speak...this happens with the instruments
      tracks and with the three external tracks as well..

      i tested so many different things like different cables, different
      expanders, computers, softwares etc...but i always got this
      problems...
      so anybody out there with similar problems???

      thanx and big shouts to the list..
    • Jeff Storm
      Message 2 of 9 , May 16, 2005
        So your clock is set to mid? not int. We all have issues syncing cubase to
        anything but itself via midi clock. If you set the xbase to external clock
        via the mid control then it shouldn't start playing when you hit the play
        button. It will only work when it recieves the start and clock info.

        Does the unit have faulty clock when not hooked up to anything? I would
        also forget the 3 midi tracks until the clock was fixed as thats just adding
        more junk to the stream.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • auxpot
        Message 3 of 9 , May 17, 2005
          the clock is faulty in all configurations...
          even when xbase clock is int and just hooked to a slave device
          (mobius sequencer) no other midi connection, then the clock is
          still unstable..

        • ALEX
          Message 4 of 9 , May 17, 2005
            HI AUX POT,

            the OUT MIDICLOCK on the xbase has to be stable !! Mine is
            stable when I plug Out Midi XBASE in TR909 midi IN. I ' ve no
            problem of MIDI OUT with External Gear....but the problem is
            ONLY with SOFT like REason , Rebirth or CUBASE.
            Alex

            -- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "auxpot" <auxpot@y...> wrote:
            > the clock is faulty in all configurations...
            > even when xbase clock is int and just hooked to a slave device
            > (mobius sequencer) no other midi connection, then the clock
            is
            > still unstable..

          • auxpot
            Message 5 of 9 , May 17, 2005
              thank you alex,

              strange, so some devices (or softwares) can´t interpretate
              xbase´s clock well?
              but is it normal that my xbase sends out midi clock when in slave
              mode?

              auxpot

              > HI AUX POT,
              >
              > the OUT MIDICLOCK on the xbase has to be stable !! Mine is
              > stable when I plug Out Midi XBASE in TR909 midi IN. I ' ve no
              > problem of MIDI OUT with External Gear....but the problem is
              > ONLY with SOFT like REason , Rebirth or CUBASE.
              > Alex
            • ALX002
              Message 6 of 9 , May 17, 2005
                Yes of course its normal !!!! Don't worry about that,
                Xbase always send MIDI CLOCK on its output

                --- auxpot <auxpot@...> a écrit :

                ---------------------------------

                thank you alex,

                strange, so some devices (or softwares) can´t
                interpretate
                xbase´s clock well?
                but is it normal that my xbase sends out midi clock
                when in slave
                mode?

                auxpot

                > HI AUX POT,
                >
                > the OUT MIDICLOCK on the xbase has to be stable !!
                Mine is
                > stable when I plug Out Midi XBASE in TR909 midi IN.
                I ' ve no
                > problem of MIDI OUT with External Gear....but the
                problem is
                > ONLY with SOFT like REason , Rebirth or CUBASE.
                > Alex

                Terms of Service.

                Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
                Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
              • auxpot
                Message 7 of 9 , May 18, 2005
                  ok, thanx...

                  i was just wondering because in earlier post somebody mentioned that it
                  doesn´t send clock when in slave..

                  but about my other problem, the accents problem...
                  does anybody noticed the same? i got random velocity values on the midi out
                  for the steps without accent. too bad as this makes using the external tracks
                  more or less useless. i can´t belive that this is normal...
                  any idea, maybe jürgen?

                  thanx

                  --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, ALX002 <alx002@y...> wrote:
                  > Yes of course its normal !!!! Don't worry about that,
                  > Xbase always send MIDI CLOCK on its output

                • ALEX
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 18, 2005
                    Hi Auxpot

                    I've just tested for you in PROTOOLS DIGI001 with EMAGIC MT4:

                    There is no problem of random velocity with NON ACCENT
                    NOTES and Accent notes.

                    I just noticed that the value are not the same on the 3 midi tracks
                    of the XBASE:
                    TRACK1: Accnote=127 NONaccnote=+64
                    Track2 & 3 : Accnote=+95 Nonaccentnote=+31

                    Bizzar.... But maybe it comes from the PROTOOLS and not from
                    the XBase ..... Its very difficult to test that.

                    I can just SAY that there are many many MIDI Bug today with
                    SOFTS ( PC or MAC). Cubase bugs, DP bugs, PT bugs........ I
                    think the most powerful MIDI SOFT is on ATARI : CUBASE .....

                    I could TEST the velocity of the output XBASE directly with the
                    PROSOLO KENTON which is a MIDI ANALYZER.

                    Tell us Your config AUxpot ( Computer, soft etc....)!!

                    I also Notice that some AUDIO PLug IN in the Session bugs the
                    MIDI PORTS !!!!

                    But shouldnt have any problem like yours!!!!

                    Alex

                    --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "auxpot" <auxpot@y...> wrote:
                    > ok, thanx...
                    >
                    > i was just wondering because in earlier post somebody
                    mentioned that it
                    > doesn´t send clock when in slave..
                    >
                    > but about my other problem, the accents problem...
                    > does anybody noticed the same? i got random velocity values
                    on the midi out
                    > for the steps without accent. too bad as this makes using the
                    external tracks
                    > more or less useless. i can´t belive that this is normal...
                    > any idea, maybe jürgen?
                    >
                    > thanx
                    >

                    > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, ALX002 <alx002@y...> wrote:
                    > > Yes of course its normal !!!! Don't worry about that,
                    > > Xbase always send MIDI CLOCK on its output

                  • auxpot
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 18, 2005
                      thank so much for taking the time..
                      my configuration normally is mac/cubase (old vst) to xbase
                      (midiclock) and xbase to emu sampler to programm my beats..

                      there i noticed the velocity problems for the first time..but then i
                      tested xbase as master (no computer involved) directly into the
                      sampler, the problem was still there. then i tested it one by one
                      with different synths, all the same...when i have steps with
                      accent, everythings fine. but when i have steps without accent,
                      the velocity midi out randomly changes...

                      thanx