Re: [jomox] xBase999 Wish List

  • Jeff Storm
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26 10:50 AM
      There will be a switch to adjust the curve of the kick to the mbase01 kick.  People say this is more 808ish.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26 2:23 PM
        - Better dust protection on the button switches, so they don't go intermittent after a while.

        Simon
        Canberra
        AUSTRALIA

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26 8:49 PM
          I like this one. Is that all just dust? Is there any kind of lube or
          something to be sprayed down there?
          >- Better dust protection on the button switches, so they don't go
          >intermittent after a while.
          >
          > Simon
          > Canberra
          > AUSTRALIA
          >
          > ________________________________

        • punkdISCO
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 27 1:53 AM
            "Is that all just dust? Is there any kind of lube or something to be sprayed down there?"

            The sprays that you refer to are generally to be avoided. They tend to do more long term damage then good. Im not in to repairing stuff but its my understanding that you have to try and remove all the crap - sprays tend to increase the crap.

            see you,

            Paul
            London
            www.punkdisco.co.uk
          • Paul
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27 8:15 AM
              "The bass drum needs to sound more like an 808 and less metalic! Then
              I would buy one for sure."

              I understand the Jomox bass drum is not 'quite' 808 but it can get
              pretty damn close (used to own a 808 but sold it one I got a xBase).
              Even if not 100% 808 it can certainly do a bass appropriate for any
              typical 808 genre (Hip Hop, Electro etc). But if you really need a
              totally authentic 808 kick then nothing will suffice..

              Never heard anyone describe the Jomox bass as metallic btw..

              See you,

              Paul