The Perfect LFO?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      I love this LFO setup (from the Jomox Airbase):

      - No Midi clock sync
      - Speed set by either a value or a global BPM value
      - Synchronisation On/Off that determine whether the LFO will restart
      after the instrument it modulates has been triggered or if it will
      run independently of instrument triggers (Midi note-on)

      Reasons why this is cool are (first 3 being the very cool ones):
      1) No midi clock sync headaches!
      2) Can get very cool swing into your LFOs. If your track is 135BMP
      and you set the LFO to 136BPM then the first LFO pulse after the
      note-on trigger will occur slightly early, pushing the track along..
      3) Tighter midi response as you dont have to process midi clock
      (obviously need to ensure you are not sending it to the Airbase as
      it will still process the clock signal even if to just realise that
      it is ignored).
      4) If your track is changing tempo, you change the global BMP value
      using CC messages

      In summary: Far more power then its simple implementation should
      allow..

      Paul
      London
      www.punkdisco.co.uk