Help getting my Mac to send the .mid factory soundset to my SunSyn?

  • ridszero
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 20, 2004
      I'm trying to download the factory sounds from jomox, but I've never done it
      and I don't know how to save the .mid file so I can send it to the SunSyn. I'm
      on a Mac computer and use a Amt 8 midi interface.

      I think I downloaded it to the Download Manager. A icon is on my desktop and
      it says "SunSynFactory.mid" and the icon has a Quicktime logo and says Midi.
      But when I click it it just brings up the Quicktime Player (for music). I don't
      know how to download and send this file to my SunSyn. Any help?

      Nick
    • ALX002
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 20, 2004
        HI
        REdownload the midi file on your desktop ( don't open
        it)!!!

        You must have the prg SYSEX LIBRARIAN (
        www.versiontracker.com and search "sysex")
        Put the midi filie in SYSEX and then send it to the
        sunsyn ( see operation manual of the Sunsyn for midi
        dump)

        THere is also a Prog for sysex on JOMOX site but I've
        not tested it !!!
        I've just tested ( and it works very well) SYSEX
        LIBRARIAN on MAC OS X.2.8

        Alex

        For more help: alexcourrier@...

        --- ridszero <ridszero@...> a écrit :
        ---------------------------------

        I'm trying to download the factory sounds from jomox,
        but I've never done it
        and I don't know how to save the .mid file so I can
        send it to the SunSyn. I'm
        on a Mac computer and use a Amt 8 midi interface.

        I think I downloaded it to the Download Manager. A
        icon is on my desktop and
        it says "SunSynFactory.mid" and the icon has a
        Quicktime logo and says Midi.
        But when I click it it just brings up the Quicktime
        Player (for music). I don't
        know how to download and send this file to my SunSyn.
        Any help?

        Nick

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.

        Yahoo! Messenger: dialoguez instantanément avec vos amis. Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
      • ridszero
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 21, 2004
          Thanks, it worked but says "ERR" instead of "FIN" like it says in the manua=
          when it has successfully loaded it. It seemed to work being that I can play=
          the
          factory patches.

          How many are there, 150? Is it possible to download that other soundset fro=
          jomox to the last 100 patches?

          Nick

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004
            I think my SunSyn is out of tune. This is all new to me, do I tune
            from the internet or just from itself?

            I downloaded the second 30 soundset, which is awesome by the way, and
            "Err" still came up and the patches were all out of tune.

            Nick

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004
              Download the JIMDUMP.mid file and send it to the
              sunsyn. This is the 250 factory presets bank

              You shouldn't have any error when you do the
              dump...... you can try the tool sysexdumper from
              Jomox!!!

              Alex

              ---------------------------------

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 22, 2004
                Give us Your MAC OS Version + hardware + SUNSYN OS
                version ( watch it on the screen when Sunsyn is
                booting)

                Alex

                ---------------------------------

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 26, 2004
                  My SunSYn is 1.12, Mac is a Dual 500 G4, and I have a Emagic AMT8 for
                  midi. That's weird, it seemed like when I uploaded the factory set I had 15=
                  0
                  sounds programs and then did the JIMdump and it seemed to only load the
                  first 30 but now it has patches up to 255. But it seems out of tune, I woul=
                  d bet
                  because the sounds uploaded with the "Err" error instead of "Fin" finished.=

                  I'm not sure where to go from here, whether I should try try upload sounds =

                  again or tune it, which I've never done actually.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 30, 2004
                    My Mac is 10.2.8 too. Maybe we should get the 10.3 OS. Anyone know
                    the reason I get "Err" when I upload the soundset from the internet?
                    I was wondering if that is why my Sunsyn is out of tune. But maybe
                    not. To get it in tune, I'm I suppose to use the "calibration" thing
                    on the Jomox site? I'm just an amateur right now, but I got big plans
                    for my SunSyn. :)

                    Nick

                    --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "ridszero" <ridszero@h...> wrote:

                    > My SunSYn is 1.12, Mac is a Dual 500 G4, and I have a Emagic AMT8
                    for
                    > midi. That's weird, it seemed like when I uploaded the factory set
                    I had 15=
                    > 0
                    > sounds programs and then did the JIMdump and it seemed to only load
                    the
                    > first 30 but now it has patches up to 255. But it seems out of
                    tune, I woul=
                    > d bet
                    > because the sounds uploaded with the "Err" error instead of "Fin"
                    finished.=

                    > I'm not sure where to go from here, whether I should try try upload
                    sounds =

                    > again or tune it, which I've never done actually.
                    >
                    > Nick
                    >

                    > --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, ALX002 <alx002@y...> wrote:
                    > > Give us Your MAC OS Version + hardware + SUNSYN OS
                    > > version ( watch it on the screen when Sunsyn is
                    > > booting)
                    > >
                    > > Alex
                    > >
                    > > --- ridszero <ridszero@h...> a écrit :
                    > > ---------------------------------
                    > >
                    > > I think my SunSyn is out of tune. This is all new to
                    > > me, do I tune
                    > > from the internet or just from itself?
                    > >
                    > > I downloaded the second 30 soundset, which is awesome
                    > > by the way, and
                    > > "Err" still came up and the patches were all out of
                    > > tune.
                    > >
                    > > Nick
                    > >

                    > > Créez gratuitement votre Yahoo! Mail avec 100 Mo de stockage !
                    > > Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/
                    > >
                    > > Yahoo! Messenger: dialoguez instantanément avec vos amis. Téléc
                    hargez
                    > GRATUITEMENT sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
                  • ALEX
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 30, 2004
                      --- In jomox@yahoogroups.com, "ridszero" <ridszero@h...> wrote:

                      > My Mac is 10.2.8 too. Maybe we should get the 10.3 OS. Anyone know
                      > the reason I get "Err" when I upload the soundset from the internet?
                      > I was wondering if that is why my Sunsyn is out of tune. But maybe
                      > not. To get it in tune, I'm I suppose to use the "calibration" thing
                      > on the Jomox site? I'm just an amateur right now, but I got big plans
                      > for my SunSyn. :)
                      >
                      > Nick

                      I don't understand why you have this error !!!!!! It is not normal !!! On my MAC OS
                      10.2.8 I can dump my preset and save them with SYSEX LYBRARIAN......... but I do this
                      WIth my DIGI001 midi interface!

                      Maybe you have a problem with the OS of the SUNSYN... but you have to tell about
                      this to JOMOX....... because if you try to reload NEW OS and if you have an error, you'll
                      crash the SUNSYN........... IF JOMOX can confirm this, I suggest you to redump the OS
                      ( but at your own risk).........

                      NICK MAIL ME at alexcourrier@...