xbase 09 update failure

  • LEVLHED
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      I finally got new ROM chips and got around to installing them last night
      but when I turn it on now all I get are 8's in the display:(
      kinda scary really, since its not exactly rocket science to just swap
      those chips out. yes they are in the correct way, and no I didn't bend
      shit.
      any advice out there?

      thanks

      LEVLHED
    • Jomox GmbH J├╝rgen Michaelis
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
        Did you mistake high and low byte?
        low byte is the upper socket, high is the lower if the big 40 pin processor
        socket is LEFT.

        If all is correct, just exchange them against another to make sure they were
        not wrong labelled. This doesn't do any harm to the machine.

        If it still doesn't work, get back on me privately.

        Juergen