Re: RCO's w/ new OS

  • buechlerjoe
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 14, 2002
      Sorry to bring this back up on the group, but I haven't had any
      response to my email from a week ago.

      If you believe I have a defective unit, how shall I proceed?

      Joe

      --- In jomox@y..., Jürgen Michaelis <mich@j...> wrote:

      > But if you send a fast sequence to the SunSyn eg on one note C2,
      only voice
      > 1 stucks randomly with the envelope?!?!
      > Seems to be a faulty envelope though. We had this problem a lot with
      the
      > first production bunch. The very most of them are already fixed here
      and
      > repaired during production, but some of the very first units may
      have this
      > fault still. What's your serial No.?
      > Actually, it is only a small modification, but it has to be done by
      a tech.
      > Sorry for your problems.
      > Emails sent to you from info@j... are all returned by mailerdemon.
      If
      > this helps you...
      >

      > Juergen Michaelis
      > CEO / R & D

      ---
      > JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
      > Koertestr. 10 fon: +49(0)30/61702573
      > 10967 Berlin fax: +49(0)30/61702574
      > Germany www.jomox.de
      >
      > Juergen Michaelis Hardwaredesign
      > www.jayemsonic.de

      ---

      > > With attack and decay turned down to zero, the VCA follows the
      sustain
      > > knob on -all- voices, including the "stuck" note, which turns out
      > > be voice #1 (The first voice sounding after pressing "exit"
      twice).

      > > Joe
      > > --- In jomox@y..., Juergen Michaelis <mich@j...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Can you do the following: Please turn ENV2 att and decay down,
      cycle
      > > the
      > >> notes to the stuck note 8 and hold this key. Turn sustain level
      up
      > > and down.
      > >> Does the VCA follow the sustain properly by getting louder and
      less
      > > loud?. I
      > >> have the suspicion that you have a hardware fault on voice 8.
      > >> Please do a sequence of short notes with att and decay = 0 and
      turn
      > > the
      > >> sustain of ENV2 up and down. If a voice always stucks or seems to
      > > hang,
      > >> there is probably an envelope hardware faulty. You can localise
      the
      > >> defective voice by resetting the cycle counter by pressing "exit"
      > > twice.
      > >> Then you start with voice 1 and you can count the voices up to
      the
      > > faulty.

      > > low-volume
      > > note
      > > allocation

      > >> Why not? this isn't true. Unisono simply triggers all voices with
      > > all
      > >> envelopes and the same key voltage at the same time.

      > > ENV2
      All
      > > much
      > >>
      > >> Right now, yes. All voices should work well, and it's not the
      > > solution to
      > >> switch them off (which I agree is an important feature for a
      future
      > >> release). Please confirm my questions and we'll find a quick way
      > > help you
      > >> getting this fixed.
      > >>
      > >> ENV2 calibration will be added in a further version, yes.
      > >>
      > >> ENV3 is a pure software envelope and will be rather slow because
      the
      > >> processor will be overloaded otherwise. This was only an option,
      and
      > >> honestly I made a mistake by putting this into the menu structure
      > > yet. We
      > >> did not advertise this, and now it is a feature everybody wants
      > > have now.
      > >> I'm learning about this and will not make announcements of
      features
      > > that are
      > >> not implemented yet. It is hard enough to make everything work
      fine
      > > even in
      > >> Single mode, and the reactions of many users in this list show me
      > > that there
      > >> are still many problems that I don't have here. I have to care
      about
      > > them
      > >> first.
      > >>
      > >> For instance, I have no problem with Midi clock. Works fine and
      no
      > > voices
      > >> stuck. Did the user who complained about it use LFO Midi Clock
      sync
      > >> extensively with trigger on? I'll check this. LFO updating is a
      > > complicated
      > >> thing in the SunSyn because a sub CPU has to be serial updated in
      > >> pipeline, which might get some performance problems during many
      Midi
      > > events.
      > >> I can only recommend to use an individual midi port and/or to
      switch
      > > MTC and
      > >> MMC OFF - There is no use for this with the SunSyn, it only
      degrades
      > > the
      > >> midi performance.
      > >>

      > >> Juergen Michaelis
      > >> CEO / R & D

      > > ---
      > >> JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
      > >> Koertestr. 10 fon: +49(0)30/61702573
      > >> 10967 Berlin fax: +49(0)30/61702574
      > >> Germany www.jomox.de
      > >>
      > >> Michaelis Hardwaredesign
      > >> www.jayemsonic.de

    • Jürgen Michaelis
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 14, 2002
        Please contact JVN. He was on vacation. I'm not totally sure if your SunSyn
        is defective, but your description sounds like. Actually your serial No.
        indicates that everything should be ok. However, I have no ears and eyes at
        your place to make sure what's wrong (sample MP3??).
        I take this opportunity to say that I'm off the town for a couple of days by
        tuesday next week. I was working hard on the RCO sync issue but wasn't
        successful yet.

        regards,

      • buechlerjoe
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 14, 2002
          Thanks Juergen! I'll speak with John. I'm not sure either, maybe
          together we can figure out a way to straighten it out without a lot
          of fuss. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to make an MP3 at this
          point.

          Thanks for the status update on the RCO sync, also!

          Joe

          --- In jomox@y..., Jürgen Michaelis <mich@j...> wrote:

          > Please contact JVN. He was on vacation. I'm not totally sure if your
          SunSyn
          > is defective, but your description sounds like. Actually your serial
          No.
          > indicates that everything should be ok. However, I have no ears and
          eyes at
          > your place to make sure what's wrong (sample MP3??).
          > I take this opportunity to say that I'm off the town for a couple of
          days by
          > tuesday next week. I was working hard on the RCO sync issue but
          wasn't
          > successful yet.
          >
          > regards,
          >

          > Juergen Michaelis
          > CEO / R & D

          ---
          > JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
          > Koertestr. 10 fon: +49(0)30/61702573
          > 10967 Berlin fax: +49(0)30/61702574
          > Germany www.jomox.de
          >
          > Michaelis Hardwaredesign