SunSyn OS Update

  • Jomox GmbH Jürgen Michaelis
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      Dear SunSyn friends,

      please note that we have uploaded a small update;

      http://www.jomox.de/SunSynDownload.htm

      following things have been reworked:

      ;106 Envelope Release is discharged on each retrigger
      ;107 Voice8 polyphony overflow bug (Pole-switch), voice allocation improved,
      now true cycling
      ;108 Unisono improved, Multimode clicking improved

      This is a small update which will resolve a few of your complaints.
      I am aware that there is still a lot to be done. But these issues have been
      very bothering
      and do also fix some multimode problems. Still, there are some glitches, but
      over all
      the machine works way better now IMO.

      best regards,

      Juergen Michaelis
      CEO / R&D
      JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
      Koertestr. 10
      10967 Berlin
      Germany

      +49-30 61702575 phone
      +49-30 61702574 fax
      www.jomox.de
    • d_j_c_u
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
        yay !! Jm rules !!!! Jomox rules !!!!!

        On a serious side , has anyone tested the update with the new cubase
        sx ?

        thanks

        --- In jomox@y..., Jomox GmbH Jürgen Michaelis <mich@j...> wrote:
        > Dear SunSyn friends,
        >
        > please note that we have uploaded a small update;
        >
        > http://www.jomox.de/SunSynDownload.htm
        >
        > following things have been reworked:
        >
        > ;106 Envelope Release is discharged on each retrigger
        > ;107 Voice8 polyphony overflow bug (Pole-switch), voice allocation
        improved,
        > now true cycling
        > ;108 Unisono improved, Multimode clicking improved
        >

        > This is a small update which will resolve a few of your complaints.
        > I am aware that there is still a lot to be done. But these issues
        have been
        > very bothering
        > and do also fix some multimode problems. Still, there are some
        glitches, but
        > over all
        > the machine works way better now IMO.
        >

        > best regards,
        >
        > Juergen Michaelis
        > CEO / R&D
        > JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
        > Koertestr. 10
        > 10967 Berlin
        > Germany
        >
        > +49-30 61702575 phone
        > +49-30 61702574 fax
        > www.jomox.de
      • AAbaj
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
          I just tried updating my Sunsyn with the OS Upgrade. I got a
          'buffer overrun' message(too much info?). I am using Logic 4.8.1
          on a Mac G4 with an Emagic AMT-8 interface.
          Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
        • sudsminimal
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
            >I just tried updating my Sunsyn with the OS Upgrade. I got a
            >'buffer overrun' message(too much info?). I am using Logic 4.8.1
            >on a Mac G4 with an Emagic AMT-8 interface.
            >Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

            why not download the free cubasis and try that.
            for the OS dump, the simpler the program, the better.

            i do not know the AMT-8 very well, but again if you
            can simplify the system, there will be less that can
            go wrong.

            try using the AMT-8 in MTP emulation, which is much
            more straightforward than the special AMT protocol.

            jhno
          • joerivankeirsbilck
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 18, 2002
              --- In jomox@y..., "AAbaj" <aabaj@y...> wrote:

              > I just tried updating my Sunsyn with the OS Upgrade. I got a
              > 'buffer overrun' message(too much info?). I am using Logic 4.8.1
              > on a Mac G4 with an Emagic AMT-8 interface.
              > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

              From the Jomox website (this is old text that was there BEFORE the new download):

              we have just found out that Emagic Logic has major problems with playing back the OS SysEx dump.
              This can result in a corrupted SunSyn or even corrupted user presets, because OS data segments will be missing in the dump. We thus strongly recommend here to use a free Cubasis version!