Dr. Walker Limited Edition XBase09

  • chaos333us
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
      Hi Jurgen and John VN;

      I just saw a short article in a music magazine stating there's a new
      Dr. Walker Limited Edition XBase09. I thought I'd write and get the
      whole story from You gentlemen. What features does it have, and how
      much is it and where can I get one? Like, I want one!!!
      Any information would be just great.

      I haven't kept up with this site, but for the readers, I just want to
      say that the XBase09 is the greatest Drum-Machine on the planet. The
      only thing better than owning one is to own two. So-o-o, I'd like to
      add the new Limited Edition XBase09, if I can get one!!!

      Hope all is well with JoMoX in Berlin, and 2002 has been a year of
      prosperity and success so far.

      Owning the XBase09 has been a musical revelation to me. I never tire
      of using it and usually spend at least an hour with it a day in
      serious groove-construction. Its nuances are limitless. I route the
      Bass and Snare sections into a dbx120 Subharmonic Synth processor for
      more impact in recording. This combination cannot be beat sonically
      by anything. I have gotten gigs in studios on USA whitesides with
      just the XBase09 alone creating Beatz, since 2000 early on.

      Now, I'm ready to add another XBase09 to my arsenal for further sonic
      power. I'd much like to add the new limited edition model. Please
      write me and tell me what's up, Guys. Peace;

      Ricky Ray
    • anarkistos
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2002
        i got mine yesterday and i hear you...it rocks!!..i f..ing love
        it..together with logic its great..when i want to record the xbase
        groove i just put it in recordmode in logic!! just like ordenary key
        tracks...I WANT THE LIMITED EDITION TO!! if you find were to get
        it post a message..and i do the same..keep up them loops:))
      • mark_klatte
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2002
          Hey folks,

          I just pre-ordered a Jomox XBase09 LE1 (the TokTok version) from
          Nova Musik -- a really cool distributor of cutting-edge music
          products. Here is their link:

          http://www.novamusik.com/

          I stumbled across them accidentally when I was searching for info
          about the new Jomox boxes. What a lucky break!

          I emailed them and they got back to me right away. Then, the people
          that helped me on the phone were really cool and super helpful. I'll
          definitely be doing business with them in the future.

          Anyway, here's the deal. The boxes are limited editions -- very
          limited. So far there are only going to be 10 of each (10 TokTok, 10
          Dr. Walker, 20 altogether).

          They come with four additional voices and a price tag of $1295.
          Ground shipping from Nova Music is free.

          Here's a sound sample of the new XBase:

          http://www.jomox.com/sound/mp3/XBaseSETrack1.mp3

          There are large pics here:

          http://www.jomox.de/welcome.html

          Info auf Deutsch:

          http://www.musik-
          service.de/ProduX/Keys/Professional/Synthesizer/Jomox_XBase_09_Specia
          l_Edition.htm

          Supposedly it will ship in a week. When it's in my hands, I'll give
          you guys the lowdown.

          Cheers,
          Mark Klatte

          My music site:
          http://theother.iuma.com

          P.S.
          If you're ever looking for vintage analog gear, you must look up
          David White in Boston. He advertises in the back of Keyboard
          Magazine and he has tons of immaculate gear (some of it really rare)
          in stock. I just bought an ARP Solus from him and he made my week.
          Here's his email:

          AnalogKeys@...

          --- In jomox@y..., "anarkistos" <anarkistos@y...> wrote:
          > i got mine yesterday and i hear you...it rocks!!..i f..ing love
          > it..together with logic its great..when i want to record the xbase
          > groove i just put it in recordmode in logic!! just like ordenary
          key
          > tracks...I WANT THE LIMITED EDITION TO!! if you find were to get
          > it post a message..and i do the same..keep up them loops:))
        • John Van Nest
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2002
            On 6/20/02 11:58 PM, "mark_klatte" <mark_klatte@...> wrote:

            > Hey folks,
            >
            > I just pre-ordered a Jomox XBase09 LE1 (the TokTok version) from
            > Nova Musik -- a really cool distributor of cutting-edge music
            > products. Here is their link:
            >
            > http://www.novamusik.com/
            >
            > I stumbled across them accidentally when I was searching for info
            > about the new Jomox boxes. What a lucky break!
            >
            > I emailed them and they got back to me right away. Then, the people
            > that helped me on the phone were really cool and super helpful. I'll
            > definitely be doing business with them in the future.
            >
            > Anyway, here's the deal. The boxes are limited editions -- very
            > limited. So far there are only going to be 10 of each (10 TokTok, 10
            > Dr. Walker, 20 altogether).
            >
            > They come with four additional voices and a price tag of $1295.
            > Ground shipping from Nova Music is free.
            >
            > Here's a sound sample of the new XBase:
            >
            > http://www.jomox.com/sound/mp3/XBaseSETrack1.mp3
            >
            > There are large pics here:
            >
            > http://www.jomox.de/welcome.html
            >
            > Info auf Deutsch:
            >
            > http://www.musik-
            > service.de/ProduX/Keys/Professional/Synthesizer/Jomox_XBase_09_Specia
            > l_Edition.htm
            >
            > Supposedly it will ship in a week. When it's in my hands, I'll give
            > you guys the lowdown.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Mark Klatte
            >
            > My music site:
            > http://theother.iuma.com
            >
            > P.S.
            > If you're ever looking for vintage analog gear, you must look up
            > David White in Boston. He advertises in the back of Keyboard
            > Magazine and he has tons of immaculate gear (some of it really rare)
            > in stock. I just bought an ARP Solus from him and he made my week.
            > Here's his email:
            >
            > AnalogKeys@...
            >
            > --- In jomox@y..., "anarkistos" <anarkistos@y...> wrote:
            >> i got mine yesterday and i hear you...it rocks!!..i f..ing love
            >> it..together with logic its great..when i want to record the xbase
            >> groove i just put it in recordmode in logic!! just like ordenary
            > key
            >> tracks...I WANT THE LIMITED EDITION TO!! if you find were to get
            >> it post a message..and i do the same..keep up them loops:))

            I think I can add some info to that...the Special Edition models were
            originally made by JoMoX for the Frankfurt Music Fair. These units have a
            percussion sample section which is roughly 4x larger than a normal Xbase.
            AND, the two different models were created using samples carefully crafted
            by two well known European D.J.'s. The sounds that they've put in are not
            only percussion sounds, but also may include synthy sounds, bass sounds,
            etc., making for some VERY fun programming. I have encouraged JoMoX to put
            some good sound samples of EACH unit so that users can decide which model
            they would prefer.

            It is true that the initial run was 10 units of each of two models. The
            units almost sold out at the Frankfurt Fair, after which JoMoX put the few
            that were left on their site and promised some out directly to a handful of
            customers worldwide.

            Now that JoMoX has seen that there is considerable interest in the
            "SE-XBases", they have promised to make another (larger) run, which we
            expect into this country towards the end of Summer. These units will be
            available from any of our U.S. Retailers, so please feel free to call your
            favorite JoMoX dealer (our complete list of U.S. Dealers is at www.jomox.net
            and we also have one dealer not listed there yet...www.en-port.com). If you
            have interest, I would suggest that you contact dealers sooner rather than
            later, as these units are sure to sell out, most likely by the time they
            arrive at the end of Summer.

            Thanks all!

            Play on...

            John Van Nest
            SoundBox
            U.S. Distributors for JoMoX products.
          • buechlerjoe
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21, 2002
              --- In jomox@y..., John Van Nest <johnnyvn@e...> wrote:
              > our complete list of U.S. Dealers is at www.jomox.net
              > and we also have one dealer not listed there yet...www.en-port.com).

              I recommend Enport highly. Douglas Wagner is an analog devotee, and
              we've had long, interesting discussions about the Sunsyn (he owns one
              for his personal use as well).

              I've been doing business witn Enport for nearly two years, and I've
              always been extremely pleased with their excellent service and the
              great selection of analog gear.

              Joe