Airbase update chips

  • kconrad1453
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
      Hello,
      I was hoping somebody here could help me out. I was so excited
      about getting the 1.15 update that I pulled both IC chips out before
      looking at which one goes where. Would someone be able to pop off
      the top of their Airbase and tell me which chip goes in which spot?
      Thanks.

      Kevin
    • Glen Booker
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
        Is this a new update?
        If so what changes are there from previous versions and where is it
        available ?

        > I was hoping somebody here could help me out. I was so excited
        > about getting the 1.15 update that I pulled both IC chips out before
        > looking at which one goes where. Would someone be able to pop off
        > the top of their Airbase and tell me which chip goes in which spot?
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Kevin

      • kconrad1453
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
          It's new for me. With the update you can select via MIDI the type of
          sample (909,808), velocity on/off, reverse on/off, hi-hat
          filter/noise/normal, store instrument, request dump, and the bank
          select has been fixed. You have to order 2 IC chips from the
          distributor or from Jomox. The US distributor is:

          SOUNDBOX
          John van Nest
          7510 W.Sunset Blvd.#1080
          USA-90046 L.A.
          fon : +1-323/85 010 30
          fax : +1-626/82 201 10
          email: johnnyvn@...

          They're identical chips except one is labeled R1.xxH and one is
          R1.xxL, xx = your software revision. I didn't write down which is
          which, so I'm stuck until I find out. I'll also contact Jomox and
          they should be able to help.

          Kevin

          --- In jomox@y..., "Glen Booker" <geebee101@d...> wrote:
          > Is this a new update?
          > If so what changes are there from previous versions and where is it
          > available ?

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jürgen Michaelis
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
            If you opened the top, locate the chips as follows:

            ------------
            ) 1.xx L |
            ------------
            --------------
            )PIC17C43-16 |
            --------------
            ------------
            ) 1.xx H |
            ------------

            Mistaking L and H will not destroy anything, but just not work. Beware the
            direction of the notch to left!!!!

            Juergen Michaelis
            CEO / R & D

            JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
            Koertestr. 10 fon: +49(0)30/61702573
            10967 Berlin fax: +49(0)30/61702574
            Germany www.jomox.de

            Juergen Michaelis Hardwaredesign
            www.jayemsonic.de

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2002
              Thank you, it works great now.

              Kevin
              www.mp313.com

              --- In jomox@y..., Jürgen Michaelis <mich@j...> wrote:
              > If you opened the top, locate the chips as follows:
              >

              > ------------
              > ) 1.xx L |
              > ------------
              > --------------
              > )PIC17C43-16 |
              > --------------
              > ------------
              > ) 1.xx H |
              > ------------
              >

              > Mistaking L and H will not destroy anything, but just not work.
              Beware the
              > direction of the notch to left!!!!
              >

              > Juergen Michaelis
              > CEO / R & D

              ---
              > JoMoX Elektronische Musikinstrumente GmbH
              > Koertestr. 10 fon: +49(0)30/61702573
              > 10967 Berlin fax: +49(0)30/61702574
              > Germany www.jomox.de
              >
              > Juergen Michaelis Hardwaredesign