[jomox] Version 2.0 software

  • John Van Nest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 1999
      As I mentioned, I'm currently ordering the chips needed to duplicate the
      Version 2.0 chips I received from JoMoX last week.

      In the meanwhile, here is what Version 2.0 is all about...

      Update V2 for XBase09

      The XBase09 gets a new feature: a three track midi sequencer to make its
      live performance even more fully advanced!

      Midi Track Mode:

      Selected through the ³Ramp Page² mode, one can edit up to three midi voices
      with note on events and different note lengths via several knobs in a very
      simple manner. Thus, samplers, synths or drum expanders can now be played
      without further equipment by the XBase09.

      The three instruments areas BD, SD and HH now perform a second function in
      the midi track mode to control the three midi voices. The note ons can be
      easily programmed via steps as in the internal drum sequencer. The midi
      channel, key number, octave and note length are programmed by using some of
      the individual instrument knobs on the XBase.

      So, each pattern in version 2.xx has automatically 3 additional midi tracks.
      Other pattern data remains unaltered!

      Because you can edit a key number for each step individually, you can now
      play a melody line just with one track. Furthermore, you can program three
      voice polyphonic chords or three different sounds or drum tracks.

      Bug Fixes:

      The sometimes bothersome flickering of values in some machines is hardware
      related, but has been minimized through software. The overall performance
      of timing and midi has been improved. Inadvertant erasure of steps of
      neighbouring patterns is fixed and the scaling and rescaling of A/B patterns
      is better now.

      Volume controllers are now sent and received by the Xbase.

      100 additional factory rom presets are contained in the new ROM area of the
      performance kits. They can be edited and copied to the users ram kits.

      Further improvements, especially in the midi modes are still under work!

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox