THAT JoMo KiK

  • noodles909@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      I find that I have to use HUGE amounts of
      subtractive EQ to get the Jomo kik profile
      to fit into a track.And stop the cones cracking
      out of my monitors.

      Im pleased i dont have to add
      frequencies as
      the eq i am forced to use most of the time is
      nasty old promix 01 yamaha didgital eq.

      N E 1 got thought s on this?

      Experiences?

      Cheers to you all !
    • Brana
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
        Make sure that you've followed the basic level setting procedures for the
        mixer you're using as it seems like you could possibly have your gain
        setting too high on the mixer. Normally, yes the bass is low and intense on
        the xbase, but not to the point where your speaker cones crack!!! That would
        be my guess....

        Brana

        > I find that I have to use HUGE amounts of
        > subtractive EQ to get the Jomo kik profile
        > to fit into a track.And stop the cones cracking
        > out of my monitors.
        >
        > Im pleased i dont have to add
        > frequencies as
        > the eq i am forced to use most of the time is
        > nasty old promix 01 yamaha didgital eq.
        >
        > N E 1 got thought s on this?
        >
        > Experiences?
        >
        > Cheers to you all !
      • Heyoka_face_eater
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
          On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 noodles909@... wrote:

          > I find that I have to use HUGE amounts of
          > subtractive EQ to get the Jomo kik profile
          > to fit into a track.And stop the cones cracking
          > out of my monitors.

          I am of the school of thought that subtractive eq is always preferable to
          additive... EXCEPT with FM and additive synthesis

          my .02

          "if margarine was better for health than butter, cows would evolve to make
          margarine" - Marek Roland-Mieszkowski, Ph.D

          * contrary pillager midewin peyote thunder loons... on the WB *