[jomox] Xbase Trick

  • tawiljr@miavx1.muohio.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 1999
      One nice little feature of the xbase is the start button. IMHO the xbases sequencer starts quickest of any drum box. For instance, if you wanted to quickly start and restart a pattern on a 909 you would have to hit start, hit stop, then hit start - this takes time. On a 606, for example, <in pattern play mode> hitting the DS button restarts the pattern from the begging - however there is a lag. With the xbase you can tap away on the start button very quickly 1/192th note resolution maybe. This takes programming patterns to a whole new level, because now your finger can supply the main groove. Try this. Enter in a Bass drum on step 1, fill in 16 hi hats. Repeatedly tap the start button and adjust the tempo until the hihats sound properly <as 1/16th notes>. The quickness of the start button can add some serious groove.

      ps. I hope the 2.0 doesn't go the way of vaporware.

      Jassen
      please reply to "DJTWOWHEELS@..."
      as egroups won't seem to let me change my email address..

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox
    • John Van Nest
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 1999
        Vaporware? JoMoX? Don't think so! I should be getting chips in the next
        couple of weeks and will post once I have!

        John Van Nest

        ----------

      • r1tual@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 1999
          Speaking of chips,(or maybe not...) last I heard the Sunsyn
          was shipping in November. I would love to hear some samples,
          and/or any news.

          <199906011544.iaa0301-@...> wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox/?start=103
          > Vaporware? JoMoX? Don't think so! I should be getting chips in the next
          > couple of weeks and will post once I have!
          >
          > John Van Nest
          >
          > ----------
          > >From: tawiljr@...
          > >To: jomox@egroups.com
          > >Subject: [jomox] Xbase Trick
          > >Date: Tue, Jun 1, 1999, 6:59 AM
          > >

          > >ps. I hope the 2.0 doesn't go the way of vaporware.

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox
        • Lukas Svoboda
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 1999
            Actually just spoke to my distributor today about the Sunsynth, it's his
            understanding that the release date is feburary 2000 with Demo+First version
            going to distributors around November. In any case, I would kill to have
            a look at one of these babies.

            Cheers,
            Lukas

            At 15:15 27/06/99 -0700, you wrote:
            >Speaking of chips,(or maybe not...) last I heard the Sunsyn
            >was shipping in November. I would love to hear some samples,
            >and/or any news.
            >
            ><199906011544.iaa0301-@...> wrote:
            >original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox/?start=103
            >> Vaporware? JoMoX? Don't think so! I should be getting chips in the next
            >> couple of weeks and will post once I have!
            >>
            >> John Van Nest
            >>
            >> ----------
            >> >From: tawiljr@...
            >> >To: jomox@egroups.com
            >> >Subject: [jomox] Xbase Trick
            >> >Date: Tue, Jun 1, 1999, 6:59 AM
            >> >

            >> >ps. I hope the 2.0 doesn't go the way of vaporware.

            >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/jomox

            Lukas Svoboda
            NZ Electronic Music - http://www.lucidworks.co.nz/
            My Personal Page - http://www.lucidworks.co.nz/lukas/