Re: [jollyrogercycling] Chilly Ride

  • michael lyons
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13, 2007
      Thanks Jeff.  Looks like it was a good ride.  I hear Steve Baker is riding like a mad man.  Save some for the Tour Lafitte.
      Later,
      Mike Lyons

      jophoton@... wrote:
      You missed a great ride Mike.  As Luke said we had a great turn out of 121 riders, but all I can talk about is how it was in the Front!  The pace was 16-18 easy, up to a few miles past the split where the 35 milers left.  The pace then quickly shot up to 25+ and stayed there until Vinton.  There was about a dozen of us then, we had to slow down to ride through a cattle drive and get our wheels full of poop!  We held on to most of them until the last 10 or so miles when we hit the overpass and the pace at times was hitting 28+, whewww , I can't believe I held on!  Steve Baker was attacking on every straight!  This was the first 100K that I was able to hold on and do my part.  Even with the first slow 15-20  miles, the pace for the whole 62.5 was 21.4mph!  Hope the Roubaix Rouge went well.  I really appreciated everyone in the group that help make this my best ride performance ever!

      Jeff O

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2007

        mhodge@...

         Does anyone have Mitzi Hodge's email address?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 13, 2007

          Oops I meant mhodge@...