resupply

  • John Randall
    Message 1 of 56 , Jun 14, 2005
      The shortest bomb-out to resupply is Kearsarge Pass, but by then
      you're almost done with your hike. I've used the Muir Trail Ranch
      twice. It's expensive, but compared to the cost of your trip, not
      that much. I've gone out Piute Pass to North Lake and Bishop Pass to
      South Lake. From either lake you have a good chance for a quick hitch
      to Bishop, especially on weekends; better from South Lake. The Bishop
      Pass trail is very rewarding.

      john
    • jamiedon
      Message 56 of 56 , Oct 13, 2014
        Gail - I had a homemade Reflectix cozy on the trail this year (about 1.2 oz., used for freezer-bag-cooking dinners), and a chocolate  bar stored inside the cozy (and inside the pack) between meals held up well on the trail. Didn't try shipping any chocolate bars in resupply, but bought replacement chocolate bars in places like Mammoth and Independence. Other chocolate strategies: cocoa nibs in my snack pack with almonds and pumpkin seeds, homemade hot cocoa mix with organic cocoa, Better Than Milk soymilk powder, and either sugar or stevia; and Nature Valley Oats and Dark Chocolate trail bars from Costco.
        --Betty