Re: [John Muir Trail] Trail Signage

  • Stuart Dodson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010
      As nervous Brit I don't quite go along with the view that the trail is VERY well marked .The AT is VERY well marked with a white blaze every 400 yds.  The JMT trail itself is very well defined, its a trod 6 inches deep in parts and the changes of direction are always marked. But it all presupposes you keep on the trail, no going back and finding a white blaze and starting afresh. You are soon into wilderness and you have to find the the trail at the other side of streams, plus there are other tracks if only toilet trails. Keep on the trail.
      English Stu