GPS with MotionBased service

  • vr6com@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2005
      I am not sure how many of you carry a GPS unit while on your hikes, but if
      you do, you might be interested in MotionBased <www.motionbased.com>. I
      have used this service for hiking, kayaking and riding. I didn't see it
      mentioned here so I thought I would pass it along.

      MotionBased is a web application that translates GPS data into functional
      analysis and online mapping for endurance and outdoor athletes.

      Online Journal and Reports
      * Browse organized digest of workouts
      * Create customized reports

      Chart and Data Analysis
      * Analyze key performance metrics
      * Break out activities into defined splits

      Maps and Elevation Profiles
      * View routes on a variety of maps
      * Simulate activities with media controls

      For those that might be interested in receiving a discount on their
      subscription to MotionBased or a Garmin Forerunner 301, check out the
      following URL:

      http://www.vr6.com/misc/motionbased.htm

      Here are some examples of the log created:

      http://www.vr6.com/misc/training.htm

      Ty

      | http://www.vr6.com/ |