RE: [John Muir Trail] One more time, which areas of the trail (and supply stops) is cell service for ATT cell phones?

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14 11:58 PM
      Just so you all know––there are old-fashioned pay phones at both TM and Reds . . . no cell service required. You can even make one of those "collect-calls" . . . remember the days . . . it's probably cheaper at Vermilion just to bite the bullet and get charged whatever he's charging by the minute . . . otherwise you have to find someone to drive you out to the end of the dam . . . I have ATT and I took it one year. saved it until I was on top of whitney, so I could make everyone guess where I was . . . "No, guess again, guess where I am!!??!!! " (okay, I was really just going to call the Dow) . . . but it didn't work.

      if you're sleeping up top, you'll love getting blasted by all the early morning jabbering . . . "yeah, on top of whitney. it's a mountain"

      You'll see a lot more people on the trail with SAT* phones this year–Last year there had to be at least three. Be nice to those folks:)

      * and if they have an oven they can bake pies and pizza with, not to mention they liked to fish, well . . . good folk.

      bob

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: roleigh@...
      Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:37:55 -0500
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] One more time, which areas of the trail (and supply stops) is cell service for ATT cell phones?

      One more time, which areas of the JMT trail (and supply stops) is cell service for ATT cell phones?

      Thanks.