RE: [John Muir Trail] Digest Number 1271

  • John Lovaas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2010
      When I ship to someone (with a PO box) via USPS Priority with tracking,
      this line:

      >>.... We attempted to deliver your item at xx:xx AM on July x, 2010 in
      xxxxxxxx 95389 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at
      the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/ redelivery,
      or call 800- ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed
      after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender..<<

      Is what I get when the package arrives at the post office, and the
      postmaster has placed a notice in the PO Box, but the recipient hasn't
      picked it up yet.

      Which is true- you are the intended recipient, and you haven't picked it up
      yet. It's a computer generated message, so one shouldn't assume it is
      coming back in 15 days- but a phone call is in order.

      I had someone fraudulently open a PayPal/eBay Buyer Credit(?) account in my
      name- even though I am a verified PayPal/eBay/PayPal credit card customer,
      and never signed up for, or wanted, such an account. When they sent me a
      letter confirming that the account was fraudulent, the letter thanked me for
      my continued use of the PP/EB Buyer Credit account- !?!? I called, and they
      confirmed it's just a form letter- doh. They were going to bring that up
      with their copywriters.

      FYI- I'm in NE Illinois, and I've shipped stuff to the Lodgepole SEKI post
      office via USPS Parcel Post; it takes 7 to 9 days, and always gets there.
      USPS Priority(w/tracking) generally takes about 5 to 7 days. I always laugh
      when our post office says '2 to 3 days'...