JMT for 10 days, need exit strategys/ more questions

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2005
      Thank you all for your input I think Reds Meadows entry sounds like
      the perfect plan. I think I might go with that plan at this stage of
      the planning.

      Another couple questions?? My permit is out of Tuolume would you
      suggest I pick up my permit there and head down to Reds Meadow? Does
      anyone know what the travel time by car is between Tuolume and Reds?
      And is this possible?

      Thanks, Wildflower
    • dive_hike
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2005
        Wildflower ... you can get a permit in Mammoth; give them a call:

        Inyo National Forest
        Mammoth Ranger District
        Box 148
        Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
        760 924 5500

        If you have to go to Tuolumne, just take 120E over Tioga Pass and
        the 395 South. It takes the YARTS about 2 hours. Since you are
        hiking in August, the roads will be clear.

        Best Regards!

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie" <dpomerantz@g...>