Donahue Pass 6/28

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
      It's warming up considerably here and runoff is again high.

      We did a day hike up toward Donahue Pass on Monday. A lot of water and mud in Lyell Fork. Patchy snow at base of climb, pretty solid suncups from bridge to pass.
      Through hikers reported pretty continuous snow south of Pass, patchy down in Rush Creek.
      Thousand Island Lake still mostly frozen.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com
    • Peter Burke
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
        On 7/2/2010 3:09 PM, John wrote:
        > It's warming up considerably here and runoff is again high.
        >
        > We did a day hike up toward Donahue Pass on Monday. A lot of water and mud in Lyell Fork. Patchy snow at base of climb, pretty solid suncups from bridge to pass.
        > Through hikers reported pretty continuous snow south of Pass, patchy down in Rush Creek.
        > Thousand Island Lake still mostly frozen.

        meanwhile, Florence Lake and Lake T Edison are running over the
        spillways - both are full.
      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
          Indeed, as are a few of the reservoirs here on the Eastside. Though not the runoff of early last month, pretty exciting all the same.

          Bear Creek is still close to waist deep.

          JD
          www.johndittli.com