duct tape and skin

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
      A word of warning re duck tape and skin. While I have used it with no issues, I've known some to have rather sever allergic reactions to the glue.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com
    • rand
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2010
        Yep....knocked me off the JMT a year or two back. Was using duct tape liberally to protect my feet....and it worked great on the more calloused areas like the bottom of my heel and the ball of my foot. However, when I wrapped the duct tape up from the ball of my foot to the top of my foot.....I started getting a reaction under the tape on the softer skin on the top. When I pulled the tape off, it also pulled off a large chunk of skin on the top of my foot in addition to leaving a nasty rash where the skin didn't rip off. Going N->S....had to bail out over Bishop Pass. FYI.....Rand

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "John" <shop@...> wrote:

        > A word of warning re duck tape and skin. While I have used it with no issues, I've known some to have rather sever allergic reactions to the glue.

      • Karpani
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2010
          Rand,
          Thank you so much for sharing your experience . . . I was wondering about these two very issues and your response beat me to my questions re same.
          Karpani