RE: [John Muir Trail] 5 things to know about Foot Repair

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010

      Barb--You should be able to find a medical equipment/supply store in just about any city.  There are 4 of them within 5 miles of where I live.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: bgomoll@...
      Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:00:12 -0500
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] 5 things to know about Foot Repair

      Thanks Don. Since I am on the road was hoping someone knew of an
      actual store where this is available as it would be difficult to order
      online.

      Barb

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Peter Burke
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
        On 7/2/2010 12:00 PM, Barb wrote:
        > Thanks Don. Since I am on the road was hoping someone knew of an
        > actual store where this is available as it would be difficult to order
        > online.

        amazon has it - not sure whats easier than to buy online unless you need
        it today

        http://www.amazon.com/BSN-BR76168-Leukotape-P-Single/dp/B002C9KRKA
      • Connie
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
          Drugstores and big box stores carry these.
          As for foot repair, duct tape works well, too.  The only issue is the heavy weight of one roll.
          That stuff also works well on hotspots. I've taped my toes before running marathons and never got a blister where there was duct tape.  Special Forces use duct tape for this reason, too.  The stuff also acts as a decent splint on broken or sprained ankles.

          To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
            I just went to Walgreens, (in Maryland)  today looking for it and they didn't have it, actually the woman at the pharmacy counter looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for it and showed her the name.  I'm going on line now to order it, think it will be easier and faster.

            Cheri

            To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
              Thanks for the suggestions everyone. As mentioned I am on the road so
              the problem is not having an address to mail to but I'll look around
              at some of the places mentioned.
              Grazie
              Barb

              Sent from my iPhone