RE: [John Muir Trail] 5 things to know about Foot Repair

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      Backpackinglight.com,  Amazon,  Medical supply houses  Just Google Leukotape and take your pick.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: bgomoll@...
      Where can this Leuckotape be bought? I apologize if this has been answered but I am mobile and don't have the chance to read all posts.
      Thanks!
      Barb
      Sent from my iPhone

    • Barb
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
        Thanks Don. Since I am on the road was hoping someone knew of an
        actual store where this is available as it would be difficult to order
        online.

        Barb

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Don Amundson
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010

          Barb--You should be able to find a medical equipment/supply store in just about any city.  There are 4 of them within 5 miles of where I live.

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
            On 7/2/2010 12:00 PM, Barb wrote:
            > Thanks Don. Since I am on the road was hoping someone knew of an
            > actual store where this is available as it would be difficult to order
            > online.

            amazon has it - not sure whats easier than to buy online unless you need
            it today

            http://www.amazon.com/BSN-BR76168-Leukotape-P-Single/dp/B002C9KRKA
          • Connie
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
              Drugstores and big box stores carry these.
              As for foot repair, duct tape works well, too.  The only issue is the heavy weight of one roll.
              That stuff also works well on hotspots. I've taped my toes before running marathons and never got a blister where there was duct tape.  Special Forces use duct tape for this reason, too.  The stuff also acts as a decent splint on broken or sprained ankles.

              To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
                I just went to Walgreens, (in Maryland)  today looking for it and they didn't have it, actually the woman at the pharmacy counter looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for it and showed her the name.  I'm going on line now to order it, think it will be easier and faster.

                Cheri

                To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
                  Thanks for the suggestions everyone. As mentioned I am on the road so
                  the problem is not having an address to mail to but I'll look around
                  at some of the places mentioned.
                  Grazie
                  Barb

                  Sent from my iPhone