Re: [John Muir Trail] 5 things to know about Foot Repair

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      Where can this Leuckotape be bought? I apologize if this has been answered but I am mobile and don't have the chance to read all posts.
      Thanks!
      Barb
      Sent from my iPhone
    • Don Amundson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
        Backpackinglight.com,  Amazon,  Medical supply houses  Just Google Leukotape and take your pick.

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
          Thanks Don. Since I am on the road was hoping someone knew of an
          actual store where this is available as it would be difficult to order
          online.

          Barb

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Don Amundson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010

            Barb--You should be able to find a medical equipment/supply store in just about any city.  There are 4 of them within 5 miles of where I live.

            To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
              On 7/2/2010 12:00 PM, Barb wrote:
              > Thanks Don. Since I am on the road was hoping someone knew of an
              > actual store where this is available as it would be difficult to order
              > online.

              amazon has it - not sure whats easier than to buy online unless you need
              it today

              http://www.amazon.com/BSN-BR76168-Leukotape-P-Single/dp/B002C9KRKA
            • Connie
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
                Drugstores and big box stores carry these.
                As for foot repair, duct tape works well, too.  The only issue is the heavy weight of one roll.
                That stuff also works well on hotspots. I've taped my toes before running marathons and never got a blister where there was duct tape.  Special Forces use duct tape for this reason, too.  The stuff also acts as a decent splint on broken or sprained ankles.

                To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
                  I just went to Walgreens, (in Maryland)  today looking for it and they didn't have it, actually the woman at the pharmacy counter looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for it and showed her the name.  I'm going on line now to order it, think it will be easier and faster.

                  Cheri

                  To: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
                    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. As mentioned I am on the road so
                    the problem is not having an address to mail to but I'll look around
                    at some of the places mentioned.
                    Grazie
                    Barb

                    Sent from my iPhone