Please enter your trip (if you are comfortable with it)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2010
      We now have 39 trips listed (with 95 hikers) in our collection of 2010 South Bound JMT hiking plans.  Start dates run from now through early September.  3 more trips listed Northbound.

      I know there are more of you out there.  I'd love it if you'd follow the links below and enter your trip plan.

      The list is mostly designed to help group members hiking at about the same time know how to look for each other.  But it is also just interesting and gives people an idea of the range of ways one can do the JMT, e.g., times of year, alternate trailheads, paces, section hikes, etc.

      Once you click on the link, it's easy to fill in the blanks and then click on the blue "Add record" button.  Then you will join a date-sorted list of hikers going your direction.

      South Bound:

      North Bound:

      I do feel compelled to add this WARNING: there may be privacy and personal safety issues to think about here. Some believe that hikers who list their schedules are exposed to extra risks - especially for solo women hikers.

      The listing is available only to group members, not to the general public - so your listing is accessible only by the same people who can see your posting about your permit date.  (But it is easy to become a member - I routinely approve membership requests.)

      If you have trouble with the technical aspects, just send me the following info and I will enter it for you

      Send it to : JohnLadd@... (not to the whole group)

      Include:

      Departure date
      Starting Trailhead
      Ending trailhead
      Planned miles per day
      number in your group
      (Optional) ages and genders of your group
      Are you looking for hiking partners Yes/No/Maybe
      Names (screennames or real names)
      (Optional) E-mail address

      You can also send some free text which I'll put in the "Notes" field

      John Curran Ladd (group Moderator for this year)
      1616 Castro Street
      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707